Revolution X 9.5 NLU Converter

Not cheaping out nor trying to run a number...

I’m sure that will work fine just hard to beat the experience Dusty has with our small RPM range and getting it to spool fast down low and couple efficiently up top.

Stock cam .. it hard to be a strong lock up converter can lock it at wide open throttle.

No doubt a consideration. I've had his converter before. Just seeing what else shakes out, can't help myself. LOL
If you had Dave's converter in the past and are thinking of going with the Revolution X,it would be helpful for you to know that the Revolution X is a copy of Dave's converter.

Did you ask him if any of these cars had one of Dave's converters?
Didn't needed to. Each of us has a builder we trust to steer you right.

In the end, everyone will run whatever they feel comfortable with. It's only a $500 mistake, max with resale. Really not a big deal.
Everything else is blah blah.

True But if you’re not locking your converter you’re pissing away horsepower.
At the end of the day, we are weighing 3 *main* choices:
-PTC
-Husek
-Rev-X

PTC has the most data posted, and is used in the majority of the fastest cars.

Husek is credited with making a great converter, but very few are willing to post data. Cost less than PTC.

Rev-X is said to be a Husek copy, and costs less. No real data posted.

I have no dog in this fight, and my decision was based on data and trust, not cost.

Also (for newbies), better have a SOLID transmission build if locking at WOT with some power.

Reducing slip 5% at 600 crank HP (arbitrary numbers) adds up ad the tire. Lol
Agreed. I had the best 200 transmission builder in Canada behind me...and more billet/hardened parts than I'm willing to admit.

I smoked a couple of single disc LU's when I first started out. Went with a used REAL AC 16930 I picked up for 200 bucks and never looked back.

and more billet/hardened parts than I'm willing to admit.
with the older non lock stuff like the ac you didnt need that,and they hammered to the 1000ft mark.its when guys wanted lower slip numbers that better parts and higher line pressures were needed.

with the older non lock stuff like the ac you didnt need that,and they hammered to the 1000ft mark.its when guys wanted lower slip numbers that better parts and higher line pressures were needed.

Better to overbuild the transmission...then it will last. And I'm way to old to be laying on a cold cement floor changing them.:)

i have seen alot of converters run fast,protorque,presicion multidisk vigs,9/11,ati,neil chance,,ptc,ac,daves.really depends on your driving tastes and distances you are racing .i see guys talk about where in the et range which converter works best yet every converter i listed above has been in the 9s or faster in a buick.

fwiw, its possible to get a GM 245mm to have low slip you just have to make it tighter down low.

this is where the choice should be made,not all converters run the same to the 1/8
I noticed through the years that the Husek converter does appear to be a tad quicker in the 660' than the PTC; Lower mph, but quicker ET).

PTC appears to be better through the 1320's, most likely because it couples harder(?).

Most (self included) wouldn't know or care about the difference though, because we are not racing enough to have any consistency and associated data for the changes made.

Bottom line how fast do you want to go ? And how much racing you goin to do ? I know I know everyone here races every week threw the racing season . :p Drivin on the street 90% of the time ? 400-500-600-700+hp ? We drove the hell out of our street cars for years. 11 sec stockers with stock D5s to High 9s @ 135+ With a POS 9/11 LU converter that we locked up RACING to :eek:. Lots of highway driving hours at a time ya can't beat a LU ..Opinions are ...well ya know !! :geek:

If you had Dave's converter in the past and are thinking of going with the Revolution X,it would be helpful for you to know that the Revolution X is a copy of Dave's converter.
Yes, I've read all those threads but although similar probably not an exact copy if I remember my conversation with Dave. But my memory fails me sometimes...

Low gear tuning comes into play with convertors as well. With Erics chip on the default low gear fuel/timing...you could get out and run faster through the 330. Lean out the low gear fuel...add low gear timing...and the convertor 'loosend' up...and it was a different animal altogether. Spool time also decreased significantly. I always preferred a tighter convertor...as it would couple better on the top end.