PTS 9/11 converter repair

turbo1962

I have a pts 9/11 3200 billet converter . I never could get it to lock up.thought it may have be the trans. in different trans now and everything working but no lock up. can it be rebuilt or should i get something else?thanks

Yes it can be rebuilt and yes you should probably get something else lol. IMO Dave Husek's lockup converter can't be beat for the money in your average street car. TCS built the 9/11 converters for PTS and you can send it to them to be rebuilt but you'll be almost the cost of a new converter with shipping etc. Make a couple phone calls and decide.

I have nothing against the PTC converters but last time I priced converters for a friend, Dave was significantly cheaper and if you're in the market for a lockup converter I'm assuming this isn't a max effort time slip chaser so the endless debate over who's is better really doesn't apply.

But this is just one opinion. I'm sure you'll hear more. And I'd be double checking everything related to the lockup circuit before I condemned the converter as the problem.

My factory converter locked went i removed and add this one, I bought this off a forum member that said few hundred miles worked great, but it would never lock up even jumping A to F and checking all other related connections. car has been parked for about 9 years so now different motor and different trans still no lock up. so i am assuming i was bad when i got it.