Pulling to the left

EFFNQWKWE4

Hi guys! My car just about rips the steering wheel out of my hands when I have to hit the brakes real hard. wants to go hard left in a hurry! The pads are new (3weeks) and the car drives straight as an arrow when just cruising. What causes this, and how do I fix it? Thanks,
Derek

If your car pulls left under braking.there is something wrong on the right side.Either your caliper stuck or your hose is collapsed.

You could try bleeding your front brakes and see if that helps, just a thought.
Tarey D.

LOL

Thought it was just me. What I found during my last brake pad change is that my oil cooler mounted under the battery was leaking a few drops of oil from the NPT fittings. This of course blew back onto the rotor at speed and when I hit the brakes, the drivers pads grabbed while the passengr side didn't.

Took it all apart and used teflon tape instead of whatever I used before and it is fine now. Check your passenger side rotor and pads for oil or some other fluid contamination.

Have you replaced the upper control arm bushings, yet?

If it did it before the brake work, it's the bushings. If its cropped up since the brake work, its likely the brake work.

Hey where are you in Md? I am in DC so maybe we could meet up and figure it out.

Please post updates/resolution to this thread. I am having the same issue, but not as violent. My brakes are fine I'm sure. I think my upper ball joints are shot, so I was going to replace them and see how it goes.

Wow, ok. Well, I guess I can just order calipers from my local GM dealer.... I've never tried replacing them but I read through the procedueres on GNTTYPE.ORG and it doesn't SEEM that bad... how bad is it for a novice like myself?

90% of the time its the rubber brake hoses on the front..only like 10-15$ each..best to replace them if you dont for sure theve been changed & save you a headache down the road..I very seldom come across a bad caliper..
Brian