Pump size?

Whats the minimum required or recommended fuel pump size to run e85? Turbotweak only states Minimum injector size.(50#). I have a racetronix 255 pump and 60# injectors.

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Both depend on the amount of horsepower you are going to make.

MommasGN based on your signature running a TA 49 I would go with 120 pph injectors, there is no in between from 80s which I dont think would be enough and those.

If you are running a stock replacement pump in the 255 lph range, I would recommend going to a DW 300. If you don't have it absolutely recommend the hot wire kit. You can get away with stock fuel lines with the TA 49 but if you want more hp, a fuel line upgrade will be needed.

Pronto

You're very kind. Some day it will get you killed.
I would shoot for more than "minimum" with fueling. Last thing you want is to spend money twice if you find it's undersized or worse spend big to rebuild an engine.

Ttype6

Whats the minimum required or recommended fuel pump size to run e85? Turbotweak only states Minimum injector size.(50#). I have a racetronix 255 pump and 60# injectors.
If you buy one of the single large pumps it will force you to replace your fuel return line. If you call Dave at Turbo Buick Performance and purchase a Red Armstrong double fuel pump set-up,you'll be good from where you are now to much more power in the future. Some will tell you that you will also need to replace the fuel feed line. This is highly unlikely.

If you're sticking with those injectors and turbo throw a Walbro 450 in it and be done. Swap the return and vent lines while you have the tank down. A higher base fuel pressure will make those 60's act like a bigger injector.