Pypes 2.5" exhaust, drilling required?

V6UnderPressure

The Artist FKA Scott4DMny
Read a lot of threads on this exhaust. Many who say you need to drill new holes in the rear frame for the tailpipe hanger/bushings. Then just recently spoke to a gentlemen with this kit on his car and said that it fit perfectly on his car and that he used the existing holes in the frame. Is it possible that they have made improvements on the design? I'm considering this kit but don't want to drill any additional holes. Looking for feedback from anyone who has this system.

did you keep the cat buickruss? did mine last year and got rid of the cat , and I wouldn't say it was a perfect fit , did still use existing frame holes though

I have installed on 2 different cars and both used existing frame holes
there are no factory holes for the rear tailpipe hangers , you need to drill them unless you removed a similar system like the hooker which required drilling those holes , it not really a big deal to drill two small holes in bottom of frame rail to use the supplied coarse bolts .
drill hole run a bolt in with grease to create threads , remove then install a new bolt with the bushing
the mid hangers at rear of mufflers can be bent and attached to existing straps on frame and existing holes but i dont like that location and install the hangers in the front of the mufflers and secure into the side of the floor brace using the supplied coarse bolts
the cat hanger may need some trimming ( 3"dual ) to attach

there are no factory holes for the rear tailpipe hangers , you need to drill them unless you removed a similar system like the hooker which required drilling those holes , it not really a big deal to drill two small holes in bottom of frame rail to use the supplied coarse bolts .
drill hole run a bolt in with grease to create threads , remove then install a new bolt with the bushing
the mid hangers at rear of mufflers can be bent and attached to existing straps on frame and existing holes but i dont like that location and install the hangers in the front of the mufflers and secure into the side of the floor brace using the supplied coarse bolts
the cat hanger may need some trimming ( 3"dual ) to attach

There is s hole I’ve seen on every gbody frame I’ve come across which I’m pretty sure was there from factory. This is the hole I’m asking about.

Attachments

• 8BFB86FA-3061-4FEE-9510-C5633CE2844D.jpeg
    8BFB86FA-3061-4FEE-9510-C5633CE2844D.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 40
There is s hole I’ve seen on every gbody frame I’ve come across which I’m pretty sure was there from factory. This is the hole I’m asking about.
if you try to bolt it there the pipes will be hitting the front of the axle tubes