qa1 installed but can’t get the body lower

Don Smith

i just got my car back from Anderson perf and I let the QA’s settle in. I adjusted the coil overs down to the bottom thread and my stance is still high, 27.5 at the fender lip. Any ideas why I’m still at stock height? It’s been 6 months and I don’t remember if the top coil spring is flush or the upper control arm is recessed so the spring needs to sit in the pocket . Any ideas guys? Btw. Anderson built me a 600hp stroker and I need to address back tires as any boost at any speed breaks loose the tires which is dam scary at 60 mph but first thing first, stance. Any input would be appreciated , thanks!

Wrong spring rate?
Springs too long?
Is the top mount a stud, or is the frame modified for a brg? Looks to me as to they are a stud mount.
If the spring ID is too small, it won't fit over the guides in the frame pocket.
Find out about the top mount before you break something.

Bought them from cottons so I’ll call in the morning for the spring rate. Thanks the top of the qa mounts flat into the frame so I pretty sure I’m good there.

I've got QA-1's up front with 550lb springs and can adjust mine quite a bit lower than that. Think I ended up with around 26 1/2" - 26 3/4" from ground to centre of wheel well arch. I believe that I've got them raised up about 2" from the bottom thread on the coil over body.

Thanks, do you remember if the spring pocket was flat or did it have a off-set for the spring to sit in? It’s been 9 months and my only thought is that maybe I need to twist the spring as I might not be seated correctly. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

top spring pocket is flat, the coil over spring can only go in one way and will seat properly without thought.

I bought the front and back qa’s from cottons and it should be 400. I called him today and he is looking up my order to double check what was ordered. I just tried to find the spring rate but I need to get the car up and wheel off which I’ll do tomorrow. I’m 27 with 1 thread left at the bottom of the coil. Floor to center of the wheel wheel. Thanks for the info. Grabbing at straws as to why so high with such a low adjustment. Didn’t remember if the top of the coil was flat or recessed into the frame. Thanks for the info.

“These silver powder coated springs fit perfectly with QA1’s front Pro Coil Shock Systems. These springs are available with flat and pigtail ends and in 10” and 11” free lengths.”
Wonder if I got the pigtail instead of flat. So it’s not flush against the frame.

id suggest a softer spring in the front, i use a 10" 300lb spring in the front and have the springs dialed damn near all the way up and the car is still low. not saying you can't get it done with a 400lb spring, hell murphster runs a spring that i believe is in the 500-600 range and he's gone mid 9s with a sub 1.4 60' i believe. running a soft spring with a high quality double adjustable shock will net you the widest possible range of adjustment to help get your weight transfer as efficient as possible, which leads to getting your 60' down. if you're into that stuff... if you're just building a quick street car that won't see any dig racing then disregard that

IMG_8475.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My next issue is how to get traction when the turbo kicks in. I have 235/60 ‘s on the back and the car goes sideways instantly. Since it’s not a drag car I’m thinking just upgrading to 275’s on 15x 8 rims. But that’s another issue for another day,

Don it's trial and error to find the best settings on your shocks to get the car to your desired launch. Cottons should be able to tell you where to start and how to achieve that..

Cottons is great , I have 450 ‘s. Qa support thinks I might have a binding issue with the lower control arm. I might have tighten it with no load and it’s hanging up. As soon as it gets a little above 30 I will address. Cotton confirmed I need mt ss ets on my back to get any traction when thr 6262 boosts. I have the aluminum 15x 8 rims so it drag radial time. Thanks for all the help guys!!