Quarter Panel Rust Repair.... inner was bad.....

slowboi

So I decided in beginning of 2013 to make a good push to get my rust repair done on my Regal project. Its been a slice. Went down to Arizona with a buddy and picked up quarters, fenders, rockers and doors from a yard called Speedway Auto. Probably paid too much but I got 100% rust free Buick steel.

I have now as of last month finished installing both quarters, both rockers, and mini tubs. I just wanted to share some of the repair as it was brutal how bad the inners were rusted out. Luckily I have done this sort of thing before or I would have considered lighting it on fire....

When I cut the bubbling quarter off this is what I had.......

The quarters probably took me about 30 hours a side, the rockers probably 20 hours a side. The inners of the rockers and the quarters were rusted badly and needed to be fabbed. Everything was sand blasted and treated with rust bullet, all the welds were seam sealed on the inside and out after being ground flat. A normal quarter with no rust would take me about 10 hours.... that's with drilling all the spot welds out. Bottom line, rust repair takes time.

I must say thats looks great!!!!
Glad to see another buick saved
Can u post a few from the back
Show off that tuck !!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
PIc 1 shows the cut at belt line pic 7 shows cut at window area. Why did you take it higher? Nice work:)

I must say thats looks great!!!!
Glad to see another buick saved
Can u post a few from the back
Show off that tuck !!

Thanks for the compliments, I'll get a photo from the back and post it up.

PIc 1 shows the cut at belt line pic 7 shows cut at window area. Why did you take it higher? Nice work:)

My thoughts were this: I had a full quarter to work with all the way up to the roof line. So I figured if I weld it along the body line I would then have to reproduce that body line. Also if I cut it high the weld then can be half the length, cutting down the chance of issues in the future.

Wow! Nice work to save that baby.

Thanks, Ive had three turbo Bucks but this was my first when I had no money. So its getting the treatment....

A pic of the quarter I started with:

Another angle on the finished product

Heres the tires I stuffed under there.... the reason for the mini tub:
Nitto NT01 315/30-R18's