race gas cheaper than pump gas!

twin 93 svt

Price of 93 octane in Chicago is $3.59, price of cam 2 110 octane is $3.31, is it still cheaper to run pump gas?

Thats becuase everyone in Chicago is running 93 and the price changes when the tanks get refilled... Wait for that new Cam 2 shipment to make its way..

$3.31.. i'd buy barrels of the stuff. Locally.. there is no higher octane gas for less than 5.75 currently.

Yesterday I went and stocked up on engine oil. Guess what happens to engine oil pricing pretty soon :eek:

Methanol is still 2.50 a gallon :biggrin:

Synoco 110 $3.99 and cam 2 3.49 no price changes yet :)
I only add enough to get the smell lol :)
For now that is lol

twin 93 svt said:
Price of 93 octane in Chicago is $3.59, price of cam 2 110 octane is $3.31, is it still cheaper to run pump gas?

Where's the Cam 2 that cheap? I know 183rd & Harlem usually has it for around 3.89.

well im paying .10cents more a gallon for torco 110 outside lansing michigan 93 is 3.39 110 is 3.49 going to fill 55 gal drum.plus run methanol but have the spray turned way down.i wonder how much boost i can run with both lol.

if you dont' have a cat and have an o2 that will handle lead (heated denso would be a minimum, even still you'll go through them fairly quickly) then it probably is cheaper to run the race fuel. no question that its better quality. so i'd say run the rece fuel.

if its unleaded then no question about it.

No cat here and a Denzo O2 but we are getting strange Readings on the scan master with the stuff mixed with Ultra 94 to net about 100 octain. So we are going to try adding more 110 and see if we get it to stop I know on straight 94 (Maybe a tad of 110 left) No problems but only 17-18ibs of boost :(
Looking for 20 also calling Full Throttle for a Razors alky kit tomorrow :)

110 unleaded in Barrington at the Phillips 66 just went up to $4.26 ( up 26 cents after something like 4 years ).

Still not bad considering premium is hovering around $2.90.

I am going to run 5 gallons of 110 with 8 gallons of 93 to get 99.5 oct and still run Razors alky kit. This will make sure I never ever see knock and have to build another motor. :eek: ;)