Racing a 1969 GTO tomorrow

1952ray

Scrambled Dog
Going to race my brothers 1969 GTO judge ram 3 tomorrow . Tired of hearing his shit. I am 61 years old, he is 69, he is the original owner.38k miles 400/366hp.Close ratio 4 speed. 331 rear gear.1987 GN 12k miles all the good stuff, 22# boost 100 octane full time. I'm also the original owner. I did out run him 8 or 10 years ago with my 1969 Camaro 396/375hp 4 speed maybe two car lengths.we will be doing this on the street. He wants to do a 5 mph rolling start, which I believe is to my disadvantage. Two old farts doing something stupid. Will let this site know what happens.

Roll into the throttle. If it kicks down at 5 mph you will sign your name on the pavement.
Dont worry if he gets the jump you will walk right by.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a a supercharged & stroked 388 69 camaro z/28, makin stupid power I will STEP IN FOR YA IF YA NEED ME!

Well it's a done deal. 4 lane highway that goes no where. No cars around. We half ass mark off a 1/4 mile using a speed limit sign as the finish line. A tree for the start. He's on the inside me the outside. we are rolling at 5mph, get to the tree and it's on. Should have listen to NOTACARLO I stomp the gas and lite my tires up like a Xmas tree. That damn goat pulls like a mule in first and second gear. I had to get out gas all together and start again. I did get up beside him at the end maybe got him by a hood length. He called bullshit said I started early. Ok let's do it again. This time I did not stomp the gas got in to slowly. He ahead maybe 1 1/2 car lengths. Turbo is spool up and running like hell. I blow by him, at the stop sign he's in my rear mirror. We get out and then I say now call bullshit. My brother said its not right that a ity bitty tity V6 should out run his GTO. Well so it goes

:)

Good KILL.

GTO RA3 -0
Buzzn half dozen - 2

Being also 69 I wish I was there BUT who won the Sound factor, as much as i love GN's the goats sound great!

Great story, love hearing stuff like this.

Brothers being brothers... awesome, I hope that you guys were able to talk about it afterwards over a beer and a few laughs.

Love the GTO, love the 87 turbo more, great story thanks for sharing

Being also 69 I wish I was there BUT who won the Sound factor, as much as i love GN's the goats sound great!

Bad as I hate to say, he wins the sound! However I also own a 2009 Ferrari 430 spider. 4.3 v8 483 hp at 8,500 rpm's. This car wins all the sound

Bad as I hate to say, he wins the sound! However I also own a 2009 Ferrari 430 spider. 4.3 v8 483 hp at 8,500 rpm's. This car wins all the sound

Yup, the fcar stereo is right under the rear bumper.
When people brought them in for service and mentioned the speaker was blown we would always say your listening to the wrong sound track.

Well it's a done deal. 4 lane highway that goes no where. No cars around. We half ass mark off a 1/4 mile using a speed limit sign as the finish line. A tree for the start. He's on the inside me the outside. we are rolling at 5mph, get to the tree and it's on. Should have listen to NOTACARLO I stomp the gas and lite my tires up like a Xmas tree. That damn goat pulls like a mule in first and second gear. I had to get out gas all together and start again. I did get up beside him at the end maybe got him by a hood length. He called bullshit said I started early. Ok let's do it again. This time I did not stomp the gas got in to slowly. He ahead maybe 1 1/2 car lengths. Turbo is spool up and running like hell. I blow by him, at the stop sign he's in my rear mirror. We get out and then I say now call bullshit. My brother said its not right that a ity bitty tity V6 should out run his GTO. Well so it goes

I want to grow up to be just like you guys!
When I grow up of course.

D

sounds like 2 brothers had a good time ! thanks for sharing. My brother got a 96 GS callaway , I always picked on him to line up he never would