You can type here any text you want

Racing Season Starting Soon

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I hope.....

to have my latest project ready soon. I just got it back from the paint shop yesterday and will start fabricating the roll bar, exhaust system and more today. Engine is at the machine shop and will be assembled by Geno. The tranny is being built by Dave Splett. Going with a turbo 400 with lower ratio gear set, billet parts, trans brake and more of his 'special" touches. Should be a fun ride....:cool:

So what have you got up your sleeve Bill ?

By the way, good choice on engine builders. :) As most of us know Geno knows his sh!t :cool:

Hi Clayton....

Long time no see.

The car is the 85 Geno bought a year and a half ago. It was the car that Jim went and looked at during the Kirban show in Everett. It has been sitting in his back yard the whole time. I just got it back from the paint shop. We went with a midnight blue metallic with purple pearl. The car has some of Geno's parts on it (including the wheels) so 10.20's shouldn't be too difficult....hopefully. ;)

any body going to be out the 13th at pacific if it dont rain ill be out running some amazing 13s:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 85 TR
any body going to be out the 13th at pacific if it dont rain ill be out running some amazing 13s:rolleyes:

Hey, I ran 13.9-14.2 first time out at Pacific. Pure stock plus a K&N filter and 92 Thrasher street chip. Had a passenger riding when I hit the impressive 14's. My wife was so pissed seeing her GN going that slow that she was cussing on the video tape she was recording. Still like showing that one to friends.:D

Re: Hi Clayton....

Originally posted by TurboBill
Long time no see.

The car is the 85 Geno bought a year and a half ago. It was the car that Jim went and looked at during the Kirban show in Everett. It has been sitting in his back yard the whole time. I just got it back from the paint shop. We went with a midnight blue metallic with purple pearl. The car has some of Geno's parts on it (including the wheels) so 10.20's shouldn't be too difficult....hopefully. ;)

Hey Bill. Sounds cool.

I'd love to hear about some of the build up, unless you're trying to keep it secret until Turbo Thunder ;) :eek:

I was thinking about hosting a BBQ at my new house (when we get it :mad: ) sometime this spring for all the turbo Buick guys who want to come down and Race at PIR or the other track that's near Portland. Any of you NW guys up for making the road trip??

Re: Re: Hi Clayton....

Originally posted by c&cgn
Hey Bill. Sounds cool.

I'd love to hear about some of the build up, unless you're trying to keep it secret until Turbo Thunder ;) :eek:

haha, I kinda figured thats what you were after. No big secret.....basically a .030 over stock block with billet mains and ARP studs, PTE ported and polished big valve heads o-ringed, ARP head studs, PTE ported intake, T70 BB turbo, PTE front mount, 72 lb injectors, Trans Service built TH400 trans with lower ratio gear set, all billet parts, trans brake, Totem Fiberglass bumpers and hood. Frame notched to accept Geno's wheels. These wheels have gone 9.90's ;)

My goal is to be able to run a low 10 whenever I want to crank up the boost, but I really want to be able to run consistant 10.50's without pushing it too hard.

Yes this car will be at Turbo Thunder.

Sounds like a potent combo Bill. Good luck with it, I can't wait to see it run. I hope to be @ Turbo Thunder with my car this year too.

Back