Really good trans builder in SoCal

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Anyone looking for a transmission rebuild that wont require refinancing the house should talk to Steve Culhane in Lake Elsinore.

He gave me a price of about $1000 to bring him a trans to rebuild. I am sure its more if it is in the car. Of course price depends on how fast you are trying to go.

The one in my T Type has been going for 8 years with no problems and I am not easy on it.

Give him a call. 951-678-1669

Good to know Reggie. Is it clunky shifting in light throttle and down shifts? How's the 2/3 shift? No flair?
I'm still running an old Len Freeman trans. It shifts like butter around town, yet it's indestructible with ten second passes.
Not sure who I'll go to when it finally goes away. I've been beating on it like a red headed step child for the good part of a decade now.

Good to know Reggie. Is it clunky shifting in light throttle and down shifts? How's the 2/3 shift? No flair?
I'm still running an old Len Freeman trans. It shifts like butter around town, yet it's indestructible with ten second passes.
Not sure who I'll go to when it finally goes away. I've been beating on it like a red headed step child for the good part of a decade now.

No clunks on light throttle or down shifts. 2/3 shift is really smooth and no flairs.

Yeah I cant complain with mine with all the years it has been going strong.

Steve is a great guy. He started many years ago working for Art Carr then opened his own shop. He does a lot of work on Turbo 400's for the off road racing group.

Steve is a great guy. He started many years ago working for Art Carr then opened his own shop. He does a lot of work on Turbo 400's for the off road racing group.

I remember him now. Back in the day. Art's 200R4s were legendary. When Steve left, the cheese fell off the cracker.
I always wondered where he went. Nice guy too.