Rear filler panel hardware

WillRideAgain

What is the proper type fastener to hold rear fillers to the studs on rear of car. Like thread size etc. Please thanks

The correct fastener is a POS sheet metal nut, that only holds onto one thread and will strip out if you put more than 2 ft lbs of torque on it. If you need them, I'll send you some for free. send me a PM with your address. I have lots of them from all the old fillers I've removed.:)

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

Have you found a better nut Mike?

I have your fillers all nice and painted and really don't want to put the old rusty speed nuts back on.

Have you found a better nut Mike?

I have your fillers all nice and painted and really don't want to put the old rusty speed nuts back on.

IMO, Even though the factory nut is a tin foil POS that will strip out if over tightened, I feel that it is still the best choice. As it tightens, it forms to the surface and gives an even clamping force. If your installing one of my rear fillers, you'll end up with four extra nuts. Just use the best ones to re install. If you need some, PM me your address. I've got some originals that still look like new. I can drop them in a envelope today.

Mike B.