Regal dead in 2005

fitz3820

Hot off the presses...

Buick is replacing its mainstay Regal in 2005 — and when it does the new vehicle will get a new, old-fashioned name. The LaCrosse will replace the Regal, according to Automotive News, because GM execs think the new name will better reflect the new car’s vast differences from the older model. AN adds that Buick dealers have been informed of the decision to rebrand the popular mid-size sedan.

Mark F.
87 GN 11.9 @ 115

"La Crosse" - how gay..

I really hate all things Buick in the last 7 or so years.. They and GM have their heads up their collective performance asses..

Originally posted by fitz3820
Hot off the presses...

Buick is replacing its mainstay Regal in 2005 — and when it does the new vehicle will get a new, old-fashioned name. The LaCrosse will replace the Regal, according to Automotive News, because GM execs think the new name will better reflect the new car’s vast differences from the older model. AN adds that Buick dealers have been informed of the decision to rebrand the popular mid-size sedan.

Mark F.
87 GN 11.9 @ 115

At least now we won't have to worry about them making a new FWD Regal GNX or something like that concept car that was displayed awhile back.

How could they....

With the redesign of the 2004 Grand Prix, I thought that a "freshened-up" Regal would be expected.

I had heard from a car dealer friend that a new Regal would appear in 2005 and that the Century was toast (overlap).

Lose the LaCrosse and keep the Regal name. It just sounds better.

Re: How could they....

Originally posted by troGNman
With the redesign of the 2004 Grand Prix, I thought that a "freshened-up" Regal would be expected.

I had heard from a car dealer friend that a new Regal would appear in 2005 and that the Century was toast (overlap).

Lose the LaCrosse and keep the Regal name. It just sounds better.

Overlap to the extreme, it's hard to tell them apart!

Keep the regal, make it RWD, redo the image, bring the "La Gay" in as a FWD replacement.

Won't happen though. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
The Regal was dead after Dec 11 1987.:D
Exactly,You beat me to it,had I not been out cruising in my lively 86 Regal GN I may have beaten you to it.It took Gm 16 years to figure out that front wheel drive Regals suck. :confused:

Well things do move on, but, maybe if GM gets enough interest, they will take a new GTO, pull off all the cheap plastics and put in some real performance parts and make a new verion of the GN. Would be nice to see a Buick version of the GTO set up with a blower of some type on the 5.7 to make it as feared as the GN was and is today. Just a thought,,,,,Mark :D

Originally posted by 2quiktocare
Well things do move on, but, maybe if GM gets enough interest, they will take a new GTO, pull off all the cheap plastics and put in some real performance parts and make a new verion of the GN. Would be nice to see a Buick version of the GTO set up with a blower of some type on the 5.7 to make it as feared as the GN was and is today. Just a thought,,,,,Mark :D

HOw 'bout a turbo instead? :D