Remoted TR-6 module

vader87

Protected Freedom for 27 years! Thank a Veteran!
Created a mount to remote my TR-6 Module. Not hard to do, just used sheet metal from lowes, tin snips and a file. I also received my extention harnesses from Casper Electronics. I will mount the module this afternoon and post pics as well. As you can see I removed the factory washer bottle. I will be using an aftermarket "Hot Rodder" Bottle for the washer fluid.

Looks good, if I may ask what is the reasoning for the move? Does this remove all the ignition items from behind plenum area? Looking forward to final install pics, thanks for the info............

The coil pack will stay in the stock location correct?

Here it is now:

If I wanna make any changes to the module itself, I will need to take the wires off and remove the top with the coils attached, then make the changes to the dip switches. If I move the module to the fender, then I will have easy access to make adjustments. I will be mounting the coils to the OE mount behnd the plenum. I will post detailed pics.

Here is the info on the harnesses:
http://www.casperselectronics.com/store2/product_info.php?products_id=1633
tr6.JPG

i use long bolts ,
drill the coil bracket for the new coilpack
push the bolt up from bottom put a nut on it and tighten (add washers as needed to level nuts )
drop coil on bolt put a nut on top

i use long bolts ,
drill the coil bracket for the new coilpack
push the bolt up from bottom put a nut on it and tighten (add washers as needed to level nuts )
drop coil on bolt put a nut on top

Good idea!!!

heres where put my box in the ttop
and the coil pack fits in stock location with the race manifold on a stock coil bracket (notched at center )and my wipers still work , forget about mounting the tr6 box there with coil on top and its not easy even with the stock ign setup

on the 86 i put the box where the cruise control was

Attachments

• 0331151757.jpg
    0331151757.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 505
  • 0331151758.jpg
    0331151758.jpg
    721.9 KB · Views: 455
  • 0510151903b.jpg
    0510151903b.jpg
    665.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 0331151422a.jpg
    0331151422a.jpg
    732.4 KB · Views: 473
True, it is a pain to look inside the box with it in the stock location. I like that spot you have picked out.

Sorry guys had to work over. Will post up soon!!!!!

Did you make you sparkplug wires? I have the Magnacore ones and have considered making my own to route the wires more neatly.

If you want, you can swap the wires on the middle coil so the left one goes left and the right one goes right. Waste-spark system, fires both wires at the same time anyways.

If you want, you can swap the wires on the middle coil so the left one goes left and the right one goes right. Waste-spark system, fires both wires at the same time anyways.
I was under the impression that the sparkplug that was firing got higher volts than the waste side. If that's no true and those two can be swapped I'm doing that for sure.