Replacing the carpet on the lower door panels

HotAirWH1

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Any suggestions on removing the carpet from the lower door panels and the best way to clean & adhere a new piece ? Thanks in advance for any pointers and what to avoid.

Agree it was a bitch x2. Think about sourcing a local upholstery guy. Or just buy the reproductions.
I couldn't get any locals that seemed interested and didn't want to spring for the repo's
You will need to find suitable material, color is whole other issue.
The list goes on.

I used the carpet remnants from my floor pan replacement carpet. 3M spray adhesive.

Sorry. Can't find a better pic right now. But you can see a little of it. It worked nicely.

cool pic 7.jpg

I have exact match carpet pieces for the door panel. What type of glue was used on the originals. Is it that stuff they used on the inside rear sail panels to hold the insulation. I was thinking of using an adhesive remover either a 3M #03618 or Acetone and just soak the piss out of it. Maybe get a putty knife in behind the carpet and slowly peel it away. Sounds like this may not be as easy as I thought.

I have exact match carpet pieces for the door panel. What type of glue was used on the originals. Is it that stuff they used on the inside rear sail panels to hold the insulation. I was thinking of using an adhesive remover either a 3M #03618 or Acetone and just soak the piss out of it. Maybe get a putty knife in behind the carpet and slowly peel it away. Sounds like this may not be as easy as I thought.
Don't use acetone, lacquer thinner, or any solvent based strippers until you test them somewhere. Many of them will eat the plastic!