Reputable allignment shop - The Woodlands / Conroe / "north" Houston

Just finished all of my suspension and steering work. looking for a quality alignment shop in the Houston "area"

I live about 40 miles north of Houston so anything in the woodlands / Conroe / Montgomery area would be preferred.

Any help guys?

Happy with the way it all turned out, ready to get it on the road...hopeful someone has a recommendation for a good shop in my area. TIA
IMG_20181229_152232__01.jpg
IMG_20190106_155856__01.jpg
IMG_20181230_113103__01.jpg
Project - Drawing 11719162031408711719.png
IMG_20181230_113114.jpg

Not sure about a shop but I’m getting ready to do the same thing.

Any suggestions? I have all the parts and will be tearing into it by this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
Sweet looking car!
I would personally find a shop that has the correct alignment equipment, with someone who has been around.
You can do that by visiting the shop, and interviewing the technician. If they don't want to chat, walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT, EVER, leave your car at a monkey shop with the keys for a blown motor joy ride!
If they ask to leave the car and the keys, tell them you will be back wen they are ready.

Any suggestions? I have all the parts and will be tearing into it by this weekend.

I am by no means an expert and the overall install was pretty straightforward. Time was my friend as I didnt get in a rush. I did it over the holidays and usually only worked a couple hours at a time. one specific issue that is really related to my install is the lower control arms from spohn performance have a very high "collar" where a typical coil spring would sit.... Makes it a real pain in the butt adjusting coilovers. I basically had to bend my spanner wrench at a 45 degree angle to be able to adjust it - even doing that you need a lot of beer and a lot of patience.

Global West makes some coilover specific lowers that I could see being very easy to deal with when you're talking about ride height adjustment. Dollar-for-dollar though I got such a good deal on the spohn stuff it's worth the headache. As for the Aldan American coilover kit, it was very high quality and easy to install.

the toughest part is obviously getting everything off and doing good preparation. Take ur time and enjoy the work, that's my advice.

Good luck!

Sweet looking car!
I would personally find a shop that has the correct alignment equipment, with someone who has been around.
You can do that by visiting the shop, and interviewing the technician. If they don't want to chat, walk away.

Whatever you decide to do, DO NOT, EVER, leave your car at a monkey shop with the keys for a blown motor joy ride!
If they ask to leave the car and the keys, tell them you will be back wen they are ready.
Thanks. Sound advice. I actually talked to Ella paint and body in spring today and their tech seems like he has a head on his shoulders I think I'm going to swing by there and look at their equipment

I'll report back and let you know what I find out for future reference in this thread

I am by no means an expert and the overall install was pretty straightforward. Time was my friend as I didnt get in a rush. I did it over the holidays and usually only worked a couple hours at a time. one specific issue that is really related to my install is the lower control arms from spohn performance have a very high "collar" where a typical coil spring would sit.... Makes it a real pain in the butt adjusting coilovers. I basically had to bend my spanner wrench at a 45 degree angle to be able to adjust it - even doing that you need a lot of beer and a lot of patience.

Global West makes some coilover specific lowers that I could see being very easy to deal with when you're talking about ride height adjustment. Dollar-for-dollar though I got such a good deal on the spohn stuff it's worth the headache. As for the Aldan American coilover kit, it was very high quality and easy to install.

the toughest part is obviously getting everything off and doing good preparation. Take ur time and enjoy the work, that's my advice.

Good luck!

I’m just finishing the new shop so I’m hoping that makes it a lot easier than the jack stands I’ve been using.

I picked up UMI users and lowers for a great price with sway bars and HR parts rears. Wilwood front brakes. I also took advantage of a Black Friday deal on Ridetechs street setup.

Should get interesting but I put a nice beer fridge in the shop and stocked it the other day lol

I’m just finishing the new shop so I’m hoping that makes it a lot easier than the jack stands I’ve been using.

I picked up UMI users and lowers for a great price with sway bars and HR parts rears. Wilwood front brakes. I also took advantage of a Black Friday deal on Ridetechs street setup.

Should get interesting but I put a nice beer fridge in the shop and stocked it the other day lol

Wow, nice setup! One day.....one day.

Just finished all of my suspension and steering work. looking for a quality alignment shop in the Houston "area"

I live about 40 miles north of Houston so anything in the woodlands / Conroe / Montgomery area would be preferred.

Any help guys?

Happy with the way it all turned out, ready to get it on the road...hopeful someone has a recommendation for a good shop in my area. TIA
View attachment 333641 View attachment 333642 View attachment 333643 View attachment 333644 View attachment 333645
Looks awesome,great job