Rough idle, running rich and Code 44

TTA81

My GN has been running great in the past until about a week ago. It has developed a rough idle (whether at startup or warmed up), runs really rich (burns your eyes), and threw a code 44 while at idle for the first five minutes. The car will also cutoff when put in gear. Here are my Scanmaster readings at idle for yesterday and today:

Yesterday: (warmed up)

O2- 093-519 (varies)
AF- 02
L8- 23
BAT- 13.8
INT- 137
BL-160
MPH-00
CLT-171
ATS-60
r-1000
TPS .42 and 4.78 at WOT
IAC-00 (in gear is around 17)
CC-17
MAL-44

Today: (warmed up and after changing a bad vac hose)

O2- 031 steady and 664 after i revved it
AF-02
L8-22
BAT-14.2
INT-136
BL-160
MPH-00
CLT-173
ATS-59
r-925-975
TPS-.42 and 4.78 at WOT
IAC-00 (in gear is around 17)
CC-118 steady until I revved it then will cycle from 0-255 in about a minute
MAL-44

I know my IAC count is off while at idle and warmed up, but I tried to adjust it per gnttype, but as I turned the screw ccw, and the number got up to around 03, the rpms dropped and the car cutoff. The TPS also went down to .38. So I turned it back and left it per the SM readings. Also, my FP is set at 40 @ idle.
My engine was rebuilt last October by KDK Performance and ran awesome until now. I know all sensors, injectors,etc. have been replaced/adjusted so I'm really not sure if I have to readjust the IAC/TPS. Also, I'm running a Denso O2 sensor. Could this be going bad after only 5 months or so? I 'm going to order another one and change it out. Should i check the throttle body and clean that out? I already pulled the MAF sensor out and cleaned that out w/ MAF claener with no change.
I'm at a dead end so any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

James

rough idle and stalling

Hi James,
I would not focus on the IAC problem, but instead find out why you suddenly have this rich mixture issue. The o2 sensor is obviously crapped out, but, in my opinion, is a symptom, not a cause. This only makes the problem worse, but you have to get to the core issue. I know you cleaned the MAF, but that doesn't usually work too well, as there are sealed electronics in there. With hotwire sensors, it can help, but ours are not of that type.
If MAF problems aren't yours,check fuel pressure.If the regulator plugged, it could run fuel pressure through the roof. This is pretty unlikely, but I'm grabbin' at straws here.There isn't a whole lot of stuff besides MAF and TPS and Chip that determine how much fuel the motor gets.Coolant temp seems nornal,and air temp can't be far behind. Good luck with your troubles, and please keep us informed!
Dale