rpo question

piece

does anybody know what the rpo code is for the tan/saddle leather option on the 1987 t-type limited is?thanks in advance jim

Last edited:
WO5 For the limited. I'll have to look for the leather code.

Shows an A51 and A53 for an astro type seat. Does yours show that?

Possibly AQ9 (i think this is the lier sigler seats)
But I think it is AS7, I think this is the 45-45 seats
http://gnttype.org/forums/archive/index.php?t-12481.html

Can you post up a pic of your spid label?

Last edited:
Here is a little exerpt from a Steve Covington post,
" I don't know about that statement... I would be VERY hard to beat a 1986 Buick Regal T-Type WH1, with the Lear Siegler grey cloth cloth bucket seats (AQ9). See listing below

the grey leather seats (AS7) and non-operating console (DE9), with the electronic control air conditioner (C68)... Still searching for that elusive creature..."
It has spid codes for some of the seating options.

I'm up for learnin', what does the 623 signify? Is that the color?

A google leads me to, yes it is a color but it also lists 622 and 626 with the same description.
What makes it 623 and not either of the other choices?

Last edited:
i'm only guessing as it might be the rest of the interior pieces ie headliner, door panels,rug,etc

I'm up for learnin'

• There is no specific RPO code for the Limiteds. They are identified by the presence of an "M" instead of a "J" at VIN position five.
  • There are two types of seats. Leather cars have the AS7 split 45-45 seats with the raised center console. The cloth split bench is a separate code, which I forget at the moment. You can tell instantly if its a leather or cloth interior with these two codes.
  • Colors, particularly the two leathers, are defined by more than one RPO code, relating to different interior components (seatbelts, trim, etc.). In true GM fashion, not all cars have all RPO codes that you might expect. 623 is *not* definitive for a tan leather interior, as you will see below.

Here are the pictures of my tan Limited with leather interior. Notice there is no 623 in the RPO sticker. The window sticker lists code 976 as the correct identifier. That code is also absent on the RPO sticker. Good game GM.

• There is no specific RPO code for the Limiteds. They are identified by the presence of an "M" instead of a "J" at VIN position five.
  • There are two types of seats. Leather cars have the AS7 split 45-45 seats with the raised center console. The cloth split bench is a separate code, which I forget at the moment. You can tell instantly if its a leather or cloth interior with these two codes.
  • Colors, particularly the two leathers, are defined by more than one RPO code, relating to different interior components (seatbelts, trim, etc.). In true GM fashion, not all cars have all RPO codes that you might expect. 623 is *not* definitive for a tan leather interior, as you will see below.
Here are the pictures of my tan Limited with leather interior. Notice there is no 623 in the RPO sticker. The window sticker lists code 976 as the correct identifier. That code is also absent on the RPO sticker. Good game GM.

I have to disagree i had an 86 t-type very rare Dark blue with tan leather the rpo code for the interior combo tan leather is 623 lt saddle i have a picture of it. Yes a bunch of other codes for trim combo and center console which mine also had. My interior was a tan double pillow leather with center console with column shift

/shrug

Disagree all you want. Jim asked what the RPO code is for the tan/saddle leather option on the 1987 Limiteds. I provided the window sticker and RPO label of an actual Limited with tan leather and there is no code 623 in its documentation. I could provide pictures of the RPO for other Limiteds with tan leather and I'm sure at the very least some would be missing code 623, making it non-definitive for the option. But that would take some effort and you obviously want to believe something else.

PS - The mere fact your basing your assumption on an '86 MY Regal shoots your whole theory to hell. But that's another story. ;)

I have to disagree i had an 86 t-type very rare Dark blue with tan leather the rpo code for the interior combo tan leather is 623 lt saddle i have a picture of it. Yes a bunch of other codes for trim combo and center console which mine also had. My interior was a tan double pillow leather with center console with column shift
Well, being an 86 it isn't a limited. I understand yours has the doe leather and it sounds like it is dark blue. There was one like it for sale that I looked at in the late eighties in south east dallas or maybe mesquite. It was the guys wife's daily and she was ready for something new.
No m47 on an 86 turbo regal.
87 I get the difference between j47 and m47.
I'm just trying to learn the ins and outs of the spid label.
Thanks for any and all input.