RPS's WORK TURBO COMPARISON/ / INFO Spreadsheet!

marleyskater420

still needs to learn
FINALLY Someone took the time to make a spreadsheet showing all of WORK Turbo's offerings for the Turbo Buick!

Sorry if it isn't perfect, but I'm sure it gets the point across!

Any questions please feel free to PM, email at 1987GN@gmail.com or call at 707 362 6030

Thank you!

EDIT: THE TE60 AND TE62 TURBOS SHOULD NOT HAVE THE SUBNOTE 12 IN THEIR NOTES.

dH9yq2.jpg

DQAjJR.jpg

hgyrFA.jpg

Last edited:
What's the largest .81 open 4 bolt with 3" outlet he has and what does it support?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What's the largest .81 open 4 bolt with 3" outlet he has and what does it support?

Considering Reed can preeeeety much machine anything you need, you'll have to be more specific than that.

And if you are looking at the 3" oulet, he's going to tell you go with the 3 5/8" if you really want the most out of the unit.

Judging from his site, it looks like the turbo I have, a 69/67 would fit in a 4 bolt .81 AR with 3" housing.

Now mind you, this turbo just made over 950rwhp on a Buick, and failed to make any more because they ran out of injector..they are looking for 1000rwhp easily out of the 69/73 that Reed has.

I was wondering what the largest turbo he can make in a 4bolt housing with a 3" v-band exhaust outlet. I know the outlet will be the limiting factor but wondering how big of a wheel he can squeeze in there before it becomes a choke point..

Don't worry about it. I'm good friends with reed anyways I can just ask..

I was wondering what the largest turbo he can make in a 4bolt housing with a 3" v-band exhaust outlet. I know the outlet will be the limiting factor but wondering how big of a wheel he can squeeze in there before it becomes a choke point..

Don't worry about it. I'm good friends with reed anyways I can just ask..

As I previously mentioned, the 69/73 would be one of the larger units. That turbo should be close to eclipsing 96 lb/min and hitting RWHP numbers of what you would see from a PTE turbo much larger than this one (except for the GEN 2 6870 CEA)

The Largest would be the S3E, Reed's own creation of a Beast.. Based on the Borg Warner 300SXE Lineup, it is his own billet 74mm compressor and 74mm turbine wheel. That turbo is rated for 150-200hp MORE than the 69/73, and it has the option for the Garrett-style .81 AR Housing.

If you're friends with Reed then you know he would tell you that running a 3" outlet, if you had the choice to go with a 3 5/8" at no extra cost, would be a mistake, and that the larger outlet is going to help with reducing the backpressure,

Since Reed can machine his own housings and have his own wheels made, he can pretty much stuff any wheel into any housing just to see where it becomes the "choke point" as you say.

I will ask him for you though when I talk to him this week about where he recommends moving up from the 3" to the 3.5" or 3.625" outlet, since now you have my curiosity peaked as well!