You can type here any text you want

Run with a supercharged 2000 mustang..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blackshoebox

Staff member
So I was tuning my car today, and needed someone consistent with a quick car, to test my car against to see how it was running. I happen to have a friend with 2000 GT, with some free modd's and an 8 psi vortech. So I called him up, and called him out for a quick test run.:D Since we both have ****ty tires the race was agreed to be from a 35 roll on the my third honk. On the third honk, we both nailed it. All through second I had him by about a half a car, and stretched it to about a car length by the time we past my friend and camera man. Overall it was a good run, and I have a general idea how the car is running in my daily driver mode. :cool:

Oh ya..I will try to have the video up asap.

-Alex

Gt's time's and my set-up...

The mustang has went 12.5 @112 before an intake and throttle body modd's on nitto drag radials. With the intake and throttle and throttle body, my friend guestimates the car should have picked up atleast 1-2 mph(about 15-20 hsp). He plans on dynoing the car soon for the official results, I believe the car has made somewhere in the 390 to 400 hsp range before the throttle body and intake. My set-up for this run was RA93 chip with 19-20 psi and alky. I have been experimenting with the street chip lately since the fuel curves in Red's race chip's tend to richen my car up way to much.

-Alex

Re: Gt's time's and my set-up...

Originally posted by blackshoebox
The mustang has went 12.5 @112 before an intake and throttle body modd's on nitto drag radials. With the intake and throttle and throttle body, my friend guestimates the car should have picked up atleast 1-2 mph(about 15-20 hsp). He plans on dynoing the car soon for the official results, I believe the car has made somewhere in the 390 to 400 hsp range before the throttle body and intake. My set-up for this run was RA93 chip with 19-20 psi and alky. I have been experimenting with the street chip lately since the fuel curves in Red's race chip's tend to richen my car up way to much.

-Alex

Ummm.........Why aren't you running more boost???:confused: You have a low timing chip and your only running 19-20lbs boost with alky??? No flame intended, but crank up the boost and that car will fly!! Are you running a SMC kit? If you are start cranking up the boost and keep an eye on your O2's and kr. Enjoy :eek:

My car refuses to go over 20psi with my RA93. It hits 20 and stops dead on. When I put the Thrasher 100 in it will hit 24psi:eek:
If Alex has a stock type wastegate he probably has the same problem

Re: Re: Gt's time's and my set-up...

Originally posted by hot6-231

Ummm.........Why aren't you running more boost???:confused: You have a low timing chip and your only running 19-20lbs boost with alky??? No flame intended, but crank up the boost and that car will fly!! Are you running a SMC kit? If you are start cranking up the boost and keep an eye on your O2's and kr. Enjoy :eek:

With my set-up, I have only been able to run around 20-21 psi with the RA93 chip, since the fuel path on the chip is not made to support more boost then that on alky. I have ran up to 25 psi with the RA108 chip, but have had some trouble tuning that chip with 009's. The chip runs extremely rich on the low end of things 850++ 02's @ full throttle. I am currently investigating what chips I wanna try next to make tuning easier. For the mean time, I have been able to tune with the Ra93 chip fairly easy, and have the car dialed in. 20 psi, 02's in the mid to high 700's, and the car halls @ss. I drive the car every day on this current tune, which im guessing is a low 12 second, high 11's second tune @ about 112-114. Which is plenty to play around with on the street. Besides, if I really turn it up, the races won't be that interesting.;)

-Alex

Alex........I run the same setup you ran with the RA108. The car freakin flys with that chip and 25lbs boost. I too am a little rich on the low end (810-820 O2's), but it doesn't seem to hurt low end power output. I have the 36lb "bluetops" so tuning my be a little easier as compared to the 009's. I was running a JC93 'street chip', but it seemed to fall flat in the higher rpms at the high boost levels i'm running. I am looking forward to my next track visit in September!! ;) Car feels WAY faster then any previous track outing.

Ken

Good kill

Nice kill Alex. It's good to hear that your car is halling @ss again.
I called you back last week for the dyno shoot out, but you never got back to me.
I think I'll soon be able to run C-12 on the street when I'm down on the weekends if the bis. goes well. That will be something.

I'll be down this weekend, give me a call.

Later.
:cool:

Re: Good kill

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Nice kill Alex. It's good to hear that your car is halling @ss again.
I called you back last week for the dyno shoot out, but you never got back to me.
I think I'll soon be able to run C-12 on the street when I'm down on the weekends if the bis. goes well. That will be something.

I'll be down this weekend, give me a call.

Later.
:cool:

Sorry about not getting back to you, we had like the whole f-body club show up @ that shoot out, so I got a little pre-occupied. You plan on being out @ tonights meeting @ Towers??

Nice run Alex. Daves car pulls pretty hard when it hooks. Now get that thing running even better and join the fun on handing the WRX its @SS!!!!!!!!

-Will
GSRacing

Back