?'s about wastegate solenoid and hose routing??

6pack

T-Time
Ok, below is a link to pictures. My questions are...is that red thing the wastegate solenoid? And the 2 hoses coming from it that go into a Y fitting where do they go? As you will notice in the pics they go to nowhere, is that right? And on the compressor side of the turbo the hose goes directly to the wastegate actuator, is that right? TIA!!:D :confused:
wastegate solenoid?

yep thats the wastegate solenioid.
only 1 hose attaches to it the other nipple is for a sponge type filter.
the other hoses (2) attach to the turbo and the wastegate actuator

What is attached to the turbo and wg now?

The red 'thing' is the wastegate soleniod. In the picture it is mounted backwards.

There is only one hose that is used on the soleniod and with you get it turned around it is the one on the passenger side. The other is left open with a small foam filter on it.

The straight shot off the 'Y' goes to the wastegate and the other hose goes to the turbo.

You can get a new hose setup from Casper Electronics for about $18.00.

Here is thewebsite, check item 107104 near the bottom of the page. Also there is a wastegate solenoid display and you can see the little foam filter on the DS.

http://www.casperselectronics.com/cgi-local/store/commerce.cgi?product=OEM

check out the passenger side picture on my website. Click on them to make them larger.

I guess your not building much boost :eek:

HTH

shmed the turbo and wastegate are attched to each other with the hose...I thought that was wrong! Dan.. so I need to turn it around and run the hoses to the turbo and the other to the wastegate? Can I turn the "Y" around and run the straight shot to the solenoid and the fork end to the turbo and wastegate? Thanks guys

Yes, your correct.

It should look something like this, the dots are only for spacing of the diagram

solenoid
|
|
|
|
|
|\
|..\
|....\
|......\
| wastegate
|
|turbo

Turn the solenoid around.

Get a complete hose assembly. Yours is missing a hose.

The end of the "Y" that you have, without a hose, connects to the PS side of the solenoid (after the soleniod is turned around to get the correct geometry).

Take a look at the Casper site and then look at the PS on my webpage. If the picture is not large enough I can e-mail you one.

Actually you really need to hook up the solenoid.

with the hose attached to the turbo and to the actuator, itll still work. i believe this is called tuner style. hth