You can type here any text you want

S10 Hybrid

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ecna

Are there years that are easier than others? How bad is this swap?

aren't the frames the same on both the 93 and below and the 94 and up???? i'm pretty sure they are but not definite.

S10xGN said:
I'd have say modding the headers and fitting the downpipe...
Why did you have to modify the headers? I had to make a cross over pipe but all I did to the headers was grind the spot welds of the flange for the cross over, So I could rotate it to get more clearance for the upper control arm.

Ditto the exhaust problems, I'm in the process of doing an 89. The hardest problem I have ran into yet is with positioning the engine in the right place to clear everything. I made my own motor mounts (weld in) but if someone makes bolt in motor mounts that would save alot of headaches when doing this swap.

Foggedv6 said:
Why did you have to modify the headers? I had to make a cross over pipe but all I did to the headers was grind the spot welds of the flange for the cross over, So I could rotate it to get more clearance for the upper control arm.

The inlet from the x-over pipe was into the (rear) upper control-arm bolt. That's the only reason but a major one and as a result, it required modding the x-over pipe too...

S10xGN said:
The inlet from the x-over pipe was into the (rear) upper control-arm bolt. That's the only reason but a major one and as a result, it required modding the x-over pipe too...

I see, I must have set my motor a little higher then yours. I'm actually still worried about upper control arm clearance issues when I lower the truck.

Back