Save a GN From Hurricane, Near Savannah

bryesh

Help!

Would anyone have a spare space inland in their driveway, yard etc that would be safe for me to park my GN for a few days while this hurricane passes. Right now it's in an area that could get flooded should things get bad. I'm driving from Savannah to Nashville, so I can park it anywhere along that route would be OK. It should only be a few days until the storm passes.

Thanks in advance.

Wish I was in CA about right now. There is mandatory evacuation where I am. I have to be out by Saturday at nine. I'd still like to find a high, dry and safe place for the car.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

If no one offers a direct solution for you, I thought of these alternatives...

1. find a new car dealership alone the way. Usually inventory areas are fenced in and under security camera surveillance. That would be safer than leaving the GN in a parking lot or garage or rest area along the way.

2. visitor parking at a state police barricks. cameras and secure. don't expect a lot of visitor traffic. maybe find some sympathetic LEO's.

maybe exposed to the rain and wind at these locations but secure locations. be safe. leave cell # or contact info on sign on dash. good luck.

Thanks a lot (pun intended). These are great ideas.

I would offer but I'm in South Alabama on the coast and the new models are starting to look pretty bad for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in CA too. No help there. I would think that you could find a Buick dealership along the way, who wouldn't mind "hosting" a rare collector car in their show room or other place for a few days. It might be worth some calls.

Thanks for the ideas guys, the plan is to look for one of these options once it's safe. I'll be driving out some back routes probably Friday afternoon towards Macon GA. Maybe I can find a dealership there or any of these other ideas.

I would offer but I'm in South Alabama on the coast and the new models are starting to look pretty bad for us.

Hope for your sake it doesn't go your way! If it does and u need a spot in Savannah, let me know!

I'm in NC near Greensboro and have space if you want to come by but I'm probably not really on your way.

Thanks a lot for the offer. I'm probably driving the back way through Macon, so Greensboro isn't on my way.

Hope for your sake it doesn't go your way! If it does and u need a spot in Savannah, let me know!

We are watching it closely. If it makes it into the Gulf it's going to get nasty

You can park it in my front yard but I might be a lil out of the way. I'll have my cars in the front so limbs don't fall on them. I'm 1.5 hours south of Macon.

You can park it in my front yard but I might be a lil out of the way. I'll have my cars in the front so limbs don't fall on them. I'm 1.5 hours south of Macon.
Thanks for the offer. I drove to Nashville last evening, so I won't be needing a spot anymore.

Because the storm tracked further to the West, it looks like the car is safe at home, the possibility of storm surge is minimal. It's in a carport, so unless the big oak tree falls on it...[emoji27]

No damage. It almost completely missed Savannah. I noticed a billboard damaged and some branches but nothing serious. My gn was fine under its carport and the cover didn't even blow off. Thanks for asking.