Scammed by 87we4!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSTTYPE

This guy scammed me. Sold him some forged pistons, rods and a really nice turbo crankshaft for 250$. I felt sorry for the guy after he sent me page after page of sob stories about his life and the twin towers falling on him etc. he won't do paypal which should have been my first clue.i sent him all the parts and a month later had not been paid. He said he sent 2 seperate money orders and claims both were lost in the mail. I gave him another month to make things right and he texted me saying the money was on the way. So a few days later I get a package and it's my pistons. He kept the crankshaft. No check, no Payment. And he took a hammer or something to one of the pistons so I'm screwed. He won't respond to any of my attempts to contact him. This guy is a complete fraud. Don't get scammed by this loser. On the plus side it's the first time after probably 20 years on this board that I've been ripped off.

Wow!!!! That’s just a bunch of BS, I commend you for trying to help the guy out, pistons, rods and a crank for $250??? That’s a steal, and then he has the nerve to NOT send any money, then returns the pistons with 1 all beat to shit, that’s just completely uncalled for, I mean you were trying to help the guy out, and he screws you, not once, but twice, you’ve got to be a real work of art to do something like that to someone who cut you a hell of a deal, and helped you out, unfortunately there are people like this that give us good TR owners a bad name.

Lesson learned = Never send parts out to a flake before receiving payment.

Hows that old saying go, "No good deed goes unpunished" Sad and often true. Anyway, he may have gotten a free crank but will pay 7 fold when the next thing breaks and you know what they say about payback.

I tried to help him as well and got burned. He said he wanted to buy a 62/66 turbo for his stock car and I told him bad idea. He said he had the money to rent a car, drive across the state to buy the turbo for $500. I told him to buy the stock turbo Bruce had just posted but he said he can’t use PayPal (wonder why) so I offered to buy the stock turbo from Bruce that would better fit his stock car and he could send me a money order. I did my part and he sent me $50 for a $150 turbo and told me his insurance didn’t cover his prescriptions so he will send me the rest later. Then he posts the turbo and a down pipe he bought from the same guy on here so he didn’t pay me because he still rented the car and drove to the other coast to buy the $500 turbo. The $500 turbo he posts for $750. Yes I know he is new to the board but I also sent him free 30 # injectors and a matching TT chip and helped him figure out that a car won’t start with a rag in the turbo and he is only a hour away from me.
I don’t care about the $100. I just hope others don’t fall for his hard luck story. I have dealt with people on this board for 20 years now and he is the first one that hasn’t done what he said he would. If he really didn’t have the money to pay me it wouldn’t bother me but he obviously has the money since he is out buying and selling other parts that he had to rent a car to go buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He gave me all of those same line too. Hes a scamming pos and he knows it. He had the nerve to tell me the post office lost both money orders that he sent. Hes a liar and a thief. Karma will take care of this loser

The whole "medical bills and post office lost my money . . . .blah blah . . . . ” sounds very similar to a recent and well documented scammer in San Francisco. Maybe they are related?

BTW: Doubt anyone would ever see any money because 87WE4!! sold the car and some other junk, so he may be out of Buicks forever . . . . Thank God!

By the same token though, they don't want to send money first and never see a parts. The opposite scam so to speak.
I'm gonna try that one the next time I order something from Kirban's and see if it works. lol.
On a side note, it was law that if something was dropped in the mail it was considered to be delivered. You know, like the IRS sending you a notice.
Anyway, he's already used the old "checks in the mail" one so what's left, "the dog don't bite" and I , never mind.

I also had a bad feeling about this guy. I tried to help and he blew me off several times, no response!!

By the same token though, they don't want to send money first and never see a parts. The opposite scam so to speak.

NOT happening with me now :eek: Years ago I bought an sold on "my word". Over $2k in parts. After I sent the money order I did get the ibbie gibbies ;) But we communicated back an forth for a long time after that. We both sent each other parts before $$$ was sent after that. Sadly that's not the case anymore :(

I never buy or sell from new members. He just joined last year

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
He told me he's been a member for like 13 years. I didn't know we could see how long someone has been a member. That's good to know for the future.

All I can hope for is that the crank he stole from me is bent. I told the guy to make sure it was checked before using it. I'm pretty sure it's perfect but one can hope

The whole "medical bills and post office lost my money . . . .blah blah . . . . ” sounds very similar to a recent and well documented scammer in San Francisco. Maybe they are related?

BTW: Doubt anyone would ever see any money because 87WE4!! sold the car and some other junk, so he may be out of Buicks forever . . . . Thank God!

Yep, yhee old crack pipe comes with many relatives, now doesn’t it??

All I can hope for is that the crank he stole from me is bent. I told the guy to make sure it was checked before using it. I'm pretty sure it's perfect but one can hope

No he’ll pawn that off on some other poor unwitting person. Cause once the pipe takes over, they lose their soul!

Man, I hate dirt bags! I think I must have been born into the wrong era / time line, as I would’ve been much better off in old west era (when a mans word was all he ever needed). The difference being, back then, everyone knew there was a six shooter on the other side of their broken word!!

I hope you get your crank back!!

He told me he's been a member for like 13 years. I didn't know we could see how long someone has been a member. That's good to know for the future.

He's been here buying and selling using the "medical issues" bullshit as recently as April 29th.

To see a little info on members you can just click on the little down arrow below a persons avatar.

For example, this is you......

Joined - Dec 31, 2001

Messages - 586

Likes - 38

Points - 28

Age (LOL) - 119

Location - Eudora KS

Last edited:
Thankyou for all the replys fellas. I havent lost faith in our community at all. He one out of thousands of good people on this board. I just appreciate all of your feedback and humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.