Scanmaster Gauge - differences

Racecar_Dave

Apr 3, 2016
So i love the scanmaster G in my buick and i was researching monitoring knock for my mitsubishi on the mitsubishi forums and they use a scanmaster 3...... that got me thinkin if i could use a scanmaster gauge in my DSM. i notice the gauge differs between regal and trans am. is that difference just in how the gauge connects to the PCM? does a scanmaster g and a scanmaster 3 hook up the same? anybody else heard of a scanmaster g hooked up to a non gm product?

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
May 24, 2001
Commerce Township, Michigan
Cool that's a nice, unusual car, I had 2 different 1G stealth rt/tt 's. There is not currently a mitsu version of the scanmaster g. But the unit was designed to handle the 1g comms. I have briefly discussed finishing the dsm version with both 3sx and rvenge, and they both seemed interested. Where are you located? perhaps we can collaborate.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
May 24, 2001
Commerce Township, Michigan
I like those gauges, they probably don't make them in the USDM (left hand drive) style. In any case, to get the Scanmaster G to mount in place of the clock will require a little figuring out, but it would be really cool once we have it done. I have a USDM gauge set here I can experiment on.

Bob

Racecar_Dave

Apr 3, 2016
im pretty interested and could even be interested in a one off, if thats something you would be interested in. ill move our convo to private messages