Should I replace these Roller Lifters? ...They're Really Loud

I have a set of Morel's I got from Weber Racing....Thought my lifters were bleeding down and pumping back up...Turns out it is the link bars...I hate that damn sound and debated changing mine out, but have just left it alone...

Those are Morel lifters. Each vendor puts his own stamp on them and yes some click alittle more than others. Put them in and put right around 35 to 40 thos. preload on them.

Well mine are, but they are not all like that?? Some used the Morel's to replace the noisy comp lifters and they were quieter....

Okay thanks for the info. I didn't build this motor and had no idea what they were. I guess I'll just learn to live with it. I'll check the preload again and be done with it.

Those are Morel lifters. Each vendor puts his own stamp on them and yes some click alittle more than others. Put them in and put right around 35 to 40 thos. preload on them.
I wondered that as well but just couldn't say for sure with them installed

That is a set of morel I beleve
Mine came from Fullthrottle PBM
I'm replacing mine but for a different reason
I'll set back and watch this

I don't know what brand lifters I have as they were in there when I bought the car and haven't had to open the motor yet but they are so quiet they sound like injectors not lifters.

I'm thankful I don't have the issues that some seem to have with the roller lifters and hope they last forever as I'm afraid I'll never get another set this quiet.

I lost a rod bearing last year
I cleaned every thing real good BUT I got comtamanation and took out all the bearings
The lifters and cam was the only thing not new on this biuld I'm sure it's all me but that hurt
I have set them at .025 -.050 no dif

I'm tempted to change them anyway since I know that's where the racket is coming from. They didn't always sound this bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently the tie bars wear out and start slapping from the clearances created over time.

Do you know how many miles are on them???

Just for kicks, drop a feeler gauge in there and measure the side clearance. I never looked at mine close enough to see if they could be swedged a little tighter.

That would be annoying, I thought the Morels were suppose to cure the valvetrain racket? My rollers are Speed Pro (whomever made them for SpeedPro) and they're dead quiet. They've been in service since 2001 or '02, somewhere around there, along with the PTE 210 Billet cam