Shudder

Pwt

My trans shudders when driving slow and shifting from first to second,but at faster speeds it dosent do it.Transmission was rebuilt last year with about 500 miles on it. Anyone else have this problem?

Shudder or slip? Could be the band chattering on the drum, could be the servo pin hanging up in the bore and I could be entirely wrong:)

U joints make a clunk, they are easy to check. Does your trans shift very hard at light throttle?

My trans shudders when driving slow and shifting from first to second,but at faster speeds it dosent do it.Transmission was rebuilt last year with about 500 miles on it. Anyone else have this problem?
Are you sure it's first to second and not second to third?

Yes I think it is 2 to 3rd because I'm going about 30mph.
That's a common problem on some builds especially when the direct clutch is dual fed. It's called "hunting". The trans will quickly shift back and forth between 2nd and 3rd under light throttle. The usual cause is opening the feed hole to the direct clutch too far. Without knowing what mods have been done to the transmission it's hard to say how to cure the problem.

That's a common problem on some builds especially when the direct clutch is dual fed. It's called "hunting". The trans will quickly shift back and forth between 2nd and 3rd under light throttle. The usual cause is opening the feed hole to the direct clutch too far. Without knowing what mods have been done to the transmission it's hard to say how to cure the problem.
This is most probable--consult your builder see what he says.