Simmons wheels !!

qwknuf6

100% STREET CAR
Today the Simmons wheels and Tires showed up .
I know there has been a thread on the fit of 9.5 wheel w/5" bs .
What I found is they fit my car great ,here are the specs :
18x9.5 wheel on the rear w/5" bs ,275x40x18 tire ,10.2" tread,11.2 section width,26.7" tall.I have 3/ 8" clearance inbetween the frame and the sidewall of the tire , a little more on one side and a little less on the other , steel brake drums (the thinner ones ). I have yet to get the front tires ,I ordered 245x45x17 for the front to go on the 17x8.5 wheel I have .I am sure the fit will be ok on the frt as well . A BIG thanks to Tire Rack ,Group A wheels in AZ and Tarey who put the Group Purchase together on the Wheels:)
BTW the wheels look great out of the box and even better on the car
Mark

I'm glad they fit and you didn't have to mess with any spacers.
You'll get lots of compliments on those wheels.
Tarey D.

Mine came in today,but there was no one here too sign for it:mad: maybe tomorrow,

YOu guys are allowed to run different size wheels? (18 back and 17 front) We can't run that here in Hawaii, and the front has to be a certain percentage of the rear, forgot the exact numbers.

I am using the same size tires that come on a corvette (C-5) from the factory !
Tires are 245x45x17 frt and 275x40x18 rear , they are close to the same size ,17x8.5 wheel frt and 18x9.5 rear ,only one inch either way
Mark

I should have some pic's later sunday as a friend with a camera told me he would be out . I will post a link to the pic then .
Mark

Those look awesome!!! Is the car lowered at all? I can't wait to see it with the front wheels on.

Those fill up the wheel well nice, but I can smell the tire smoke from here. Those are gonna lay it down when ever and what ever mph you are at.

Hawaiin Turbo, I never heard of a state law saying tire sizes had to be the same. I guess all the 14.0 et rustangs that run the skinnies up front had to move. ;)

Originally posted by Billdogg
Those look awesome!!! Is the car lowered at all? I can't wait to see it with the front wheels on.

The car is not lowered at all , the tires on the rear are 26.7 " tall and fill the wheel well nicely , also give the tire some sidewall .
Mark

All you need now is some of those spinners to put in the middle of those wheels.... you know the ones the keep spinning when you stop........ WoooowhoooooH!

J/K:D

They look good, looks like an 18" with the right aspect ratio fill's the wheel opening like it should. They look good Mark..... told ya 5" inches of backspace would be perfect didn't I..... man I hate being right all the time.