Need info on installing a starter on a 87 GN....

Here’s the diagram from the service manual showing the fuse able links. The one that runs from the battery directly to the ECM is orange and has a weatherpack connector about a foot from the battery. It should be disconnected before working on the ECM, like changing chips.
I figured it out earlier today guys. The red wire is the ignition wire and I kept it where it was but moved everything else under the battery cable. thanks for your responses!

You have to disconnect at least one side of the crossover pipe and swing it out of the way. Its not hard to do, except for the lead brick of the factory starter. It gets heavy.

I put a LT4 gear reduction unit on mine. Much smaller, much lighter and it uses less power. The factory fusible links and battery cable are tight though. But its been working fine.
Finally had to put a new starter in the GN , it only lasted 32 yrs!! It wasn't fun doing laying on your back with the car on ramps, I had to disconnect one side of the crossover and move it out of the way to get one of the starter bolts out. Anyways it wasn't too bad of a job, I ordered a mini starter from Kirbans and the mini starter was so mush easier to install! Sounds a little different cranking now with the mini starter compared to the stock starter.