You can type here any text you want

solid roller camshaft for twin turbo set-up

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sloboy

I am new to the Buick v6 world. I just purchased a unassembled 275 CI stage 2 I have everything but camshaft. Sheet metal intake, MA stage 3 heads, don't know size or make of turbos the only markings are .67 A/R, waste gates etc.
Could someone please help me choose a good cam to start off with?
The car it's going into is backhalf 87 t type with th 400 trans, 4.30 gears and 31 inch tall tires.

I am new to the Buick v6 world. I just purchased a unassembled 275 CI stage 2 I have everything but camshaft. Sheet metal intake, MA stage 3 heads, don't know size or make of turbos the only markings are .67 A/R, waste gates etc.
Could someone please help me choose a good cam to start off with?
The car it's going into is backhalf 87 t type with th 400 trans, 4.30 gears and 31 inch tall tires.

Post #1 and you already have a stage 2, twins, backhalf car, etc... I don't like you already. (me= jealous :biggrin: )

I will let someone more educated answer the question and make a suggestion, but PLEASE post pics! Curious minds want to see the goodies!

PS GOOD LUCK! Sounds bad-a$$

I have a solid roller cam and lifters for sale.. Ill get the spec's and PM ya if your interested:cool:

Is it a proven cam? How much Horsepower did it make? How much you want? And what size converter do I need?

We are finishing a similar build on a back half GN and could probably help you with a custom grind cam.

Like Chuck "said", that 4.30 gear seems WAY too steep for 1/4 mile with 31" tires unless this is a 9000 RPM engine?

May work OK for 1/8 mile, but other items in the combination need to be properly matched, and would have to know intended use and/or type of racing.:confused:

Be happy to discuss this if you want to call.:)

Can you tell us a little more about the other valvetrain components you'll be running? Do you have a target redline in mind?

It has the T&D rocker arm set-up. Iam thinking the redline will be in the 7500rpm. With a 31 inch tall tire my chevy big block would run thru the traps at about 160mph and the rpms would be around 7200. But I don't know what the buick v6 engines like as far as RPM goes. The short block has the best parts in it. I am not looking to kill the motor. I'll be happy with mid 8 to low 9 second 1/4 miles times if possible. To be honest I'll be happen to hear it run right about now.

It has the T&D rocker arm set-up. Iam thinking the redline will be in the 7500rpm. With a 31 inch tall tire my chevy big block would run thru the traps at about 160mph and the rpms would be around 7200. But I don't know what the buick v6 engines like as far as RPM goes. The short block has the best parts in it. I am not looking to kill the motor. I'll be happy with mid 8 to low 9 second 1/4 miles times if possible. To be honest I'll be happen to hear it run right about now.

With M&A heads, that sounds like my setup, except for the stroke.
Don't wimp out on the cam. That stroke is going to demand some cam to make up for those heads.
The cam I use has a torque peak of around 5800 rpm, hp peak around 6800 and floats at 8000 rpm. A good shift point is anywhere between 7200 and 7400 rpm.

What valve sizes are in the heads? What bore size are you using?

My valve sizes are 2.02/1.60. My bore size is 4.00. The heads are stage 3 fully ported and polished. No flow number yet

Donnie would it be that hard to choice a cam to run 9s with the parts that I have? I have seen you guys run that with less.

Donnie would it be that hard to choice a cam to run 9s with the parts that I have? I have seen you guys run that with less.
The rpm that you're willing to run, I don't see a problem at all.

Back