source for "off the shelf" pistons for 3.625 crank, 5.960 stock length rods

ttribejr

Anybody know of a link or part number for some off-the-shelf pistons for a 3.625 stroker crank and stock length rods in a 109? Must be forged and hoping for around 9:1 compression with my 46cc heads and .040 gaskets.

Thanks!

I can make a set of those but they aren't going to be sitting on a shelf anywhere ready to go.

On the upside 9:1 is easy enough with a stroker crank no matter how small the bore is on your specific block.

I found some on weber. diamonds ~8.9:1 with 46cc heads. They don't specify what head gasket thickness.

What are your sets priced at? are they your own brand or another?

You can't trust numbers from catalogs. They are never right. They make quite a few assumptions that can move the ratio pretty wildly. If you're shooting for a target static ratio, you have to know your exact deck height. And if it's not square decked, you need to measure all four corners.

If you know our final bore and your exact deck height, and measured head CCs, you can use a 22cc inverted dome for the math on my slugs. I can put the compression height where ever it needs to be to get the desired compression ratio.

On the price, it depends. 2116 slugs cost more than 4032... When you start messing with strokers, that can get into oil rail supports, etc...

It looks like yours wouldn't be that bad since you're running stock length rods. If you're going to use OEM rods with a press fit pin, that'll knock the price down too since you won't need spirolocks. I've got a set of .020"s sitting here that hit 9.49:1 with a stock stroke. These are ''zero deck'' pistons that are going to be used with .040" gaskets. With a stroker crank 9:1 will be easy peasy.

The rod length and crank stroke will vary a couple thou here and there but that's not as dramatic.

A good starting point is $100 a hole plus or minus depending on what you want.

Mike will your pistons work with a 5.967 rod with a 3.625 stroke?

Todd-

Make sure you check what the piston manufacturer says is the CR for the pistons with the head gasket thickness and CC size.

I can tell you from being a vendor for about 7 different piston companies, Earl brown was right when he said there are NO off the shelf 9:1 CR pistons. Any vendor that says they have a 9:1 piston for you with a .040 HG thickness and 46cc CC's is full of shit. JE/Diamond/CP/Racetec/Wiseco...all are between 8.3-8.9:1 CR for their off the shelf pistons... so BEWARE anyone that says otherwise....

BTW- I know we were waiting to hear from SCAT on the Diamon pistons, and SCAT opens back up on Jan 2nd, so I'll get at my rep and verify the cost for you. I need to talk to him anyway since I have to order the billet SCAT cranks now that I sold some.