You can type here any text you want

Southside/lakewood lift bars

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Scarab

Anyone recommend these for street use? what about the setup and install? Or should I just get a set of tube type lowers?

Personally I love my original Southside bars, precaution was taken to weld washers for the extra support as I had heard that they will elongate the holes. 1.38 60 foot times. I have Metco uppers on that car. Been that way since 98. I have Metco uppers and lowers on another car since 99. I have HRParts on the race car, love them also, if I had to buy another set for a street car I would do it no questions asked. The build quality is nice. I recently saw that the Southsides were in production again but don't know about their new stuff. If you got a different brand of lowers, what do you plan to run for uppers?

The old SSM lift bars are rectangular tube with brackets that lower the rear mounting point, changing the instant center. I have old Kenne-bell lift bars, same thing. I'm more of a twisty road guy, I like them.
UMI Performance has these as well.

Back