You can type here any text you want

speedway and g body parts control arm users, please help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brandon706

I am rebuilding the front end of my GN and installing ls1 brakes. I have every thing planned out what to do except on the control arm bushings. I am confused from all the previous posts on what route to take poly, moog problem solver, speedway control arms. I would like to use speedway arms with moog lower bushings. When I tried to order the arms from speedway the warned me not to use them on the street, said it would cause all kinds of problems, so now I am lost. I would like to hear what you guys think. thanks in advance

I'm a little lost here. The upper arms don't take lower bushings in them.:confused: What exactly are you trying to do? The speedway uppers use a bronze greasable bushing and you can get new bushings for them around $10 each side. Several people on this and other boards have used those uppers on the street without any problems.;)

i wanter
I'm a little lost here. The upper arms don't take lower bushings in them.:confused: What exactly are you trying to do? The speedway uppers use a bronze greasable bushing and you can get new bushings for them around $10 each side. Several people on this and other boards have used those uppers on the street without any problems.;)

I am going to use the moog bushings for the lower arms of course, my concern was street usage of the tubular type that speedway and gbody parts sale. The speedway motor rep warned me the arms are for circle track only and i wouldn't be able to return them if i problems

The speedway motor rep warned me the arms are for circle track only and i wouldn't be able to return them if i problems
That's good for other members to know Brandon, maybe it will save them trouble down the line...

Technically none of the tubular arms are for street use no matter what the sales rep says.;) Same thing with non stock cams, headers, and a bunch of parts.:D It doesn't mean they can't be used and work well though.:p

I would personally recommend the afco nylon bushings or the global west del-a-lum bushings for the lower control arms. No bind and ride surprising smooth. Will allow the the front suspension to travel through its range bind free and let the spring and shock do their job. Just my 2 cents. Had the afcos on my car with the spc upper control arms with greasable bearings instead of bushings and the car rode nice. Just recently replaced my lower control arms with spc lowers that have Delrin bushings. The stock lowers with afco bushing are going on my other car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I just got a set from speedway you have to buy two of part number 910-31134-R
This is correct, You should not order a Left & Right upper because the Left side (center to center) is 8.5" vs the center to center on the Right side is only 8".... You have to buy 2 right sides and turn one up side down in order for these to work properly. :rolleyes:

I should've clarified my statement.:oops: It really doesn't matter if you get a right or left, but you will need 2 of the same side to use them.

Is there an advantage to using two of the shorter 8" right arms? Are they closer to the length of the stock arm?
What about when going to a taller big car spindle?

The stock arm is 8.4" so the closest to stock is the 8.5", but these will work on the tall spindles or stock ones. If you plan on using a camber setting close to 0 degrees go with the 8" ones with stock spindles.;)

Whats the best bushing choice for the speedway arms the afco on their site are solid metal.. What is the correct part# for the afco delrin or the del alum for that speedway part#

The speedway arms use a bronze bushing that's greasable and you can buy them in different sizes. Same with Brian's.

I have a set of g body tubular uppers. After driving on them for a year or so I'm ready to take them off and toss them in the scrap pile. Bump jerk is terrible. :mad:

I have a set of g body tubular uppers. After driving on them for a year or so I'm ready to take them off and toss them in the scrap pile. Bump jerk is terrible. :mad:

I doubt it's the arms themselves. Wouldn't it just be an alignment/ball joint issue?

I doubt it's the arms themselves. Wouldn't it just be an alignment/ball joint issue?

That's what I was thinking but been over the front end a bunch or times. Everything is tight. Alignment is better than it's ever been. I'm going to switch it back to stock and see what happens.

Back