You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 motor offcenter.... What is my oil dipstick tube hitting??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jdpolzin

Well, I'm finally at the assembly part of my motor build. WOOOHHOOOOO!! BUT, I put the drivers side TA header on the head today and went to stick the oil dipstick tube in and now I'm hitting something. It will only go in about 1/2" or so. I originally thought maybe it was hitting the oil pick up tube but then realized the pickup is on the passenger side of the block. I'm thinking it may be hitting one of the main caps. Have you guys run into this problem? It's a 3.625 crank. I also am wondering if it may be hitting the oil pan? I'm using an RJC pan. I'm posting a pic of the bottom end. Any ideas? Thanks much! ------Jeremy

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 266
Heres another pic, is the hole not drilled all the through? This block is a brand new block.

Attachments

• MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 253
Oil dip stick

I used a stock one from a 3.8 motor and had no problem . are you after market?

Is it hitting anything or is the diameter of the tube too big? For some reason I seem to remember having to sand mine down to get it in.

Well, after fiddling with this last night, I figured out that it's hitting the main cap as Otto suggested. It would be fine if they were only two bolt caps but the extra width of the 4 bolt is the problem. I'm just going to have to trim the end off untill it works.

Jay, I thought the same thing at first but I noticed the powder coating on the end of the dipstick tube was chipped off so I knew it was hitting on the end.

I'm just going to have to do a little modification! I'm using the stock dipstick tube BTW.

Thanks for the ideas guys! You are the best! --------Jeremy

Back