You can type here any text you want

Stage Gurus step inside please! *PICS*

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Limited87

Hi guys, I have a friend with a Stage block and need to know excatly what it is because he isnt sure either. I have done the search and still unclear. The casting numbers on it are the 25500016 and the 4.1 is embossed on it also with the power 6 logo.

Here are the picts. Can some one tell me exactly what motor this is and what it is worth. Its current bore measure is 4.040 with an inside cylinder mic.

Thanks for all the help and info on this:)

Attachments

• Stage1.jpg
    Stage1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 508
  • Stage2.jpg
    Stage2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 512
  • Stage3.jpg
    Stage3.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 515
  • Stage4.jpg
    Stage4.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 507
  • Stage5.jpg
    Stage5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 507
earlier Off center

Has a cast Buick rear cap---4.040--pretty well used up. IMO not worth anywhere near $2000. Also, depends on how bad you need it.

Whats it worth then Lee? Off center STG 2 will fit in an a/c car with no clearance issues? Anything harder to find or more costly with this set up? Front cover, oil set up, crank, rods? I need a lesson.

Thanks alot.

1st of all you need to have the block pressure checked and a sonic test done on the cylinders. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the block but I have had plenty of problems in the past with old used blocks so it never hurts to qualify the part first.

I would not pay $2k for that block at 4.040.

Lets say it pressure checks and sonic checks ok. Whats it really worth or is it not even worth messing with due to the bore size?

When you get that much over bore, the width of head gasket sealing area between the cylinders gets REAL narrow.:)

After seeing a cylinder wall 0.030" over in a 109 block so thin, it would flex with finger pressure, a sonic check should be done before building that block.:biggrin:

Imo

Lets say it pressure checks and sonic checks ok. Whats it really worth or is it not even worth messing with due to the bore size?

Assuming it sonic checks OK---And there sre no signs of it being blown up in the past (sleeves or bottom of bores missing pieces). $1000 max. And yes it is a direct replacement for a production block. Pan, front cover, and all acc. will bolt up. You will need a custom oil pickup as the suction hole is up front near the # 1 rod or pickup from side of pan. I have a block just like that one (older one with a cast Buick rear cap). I have had some issues with it but do believe I have overcome them. This also means it will require a Buick neophrene seal and again, IMO The crank will have to have knurling.

Do you need anything in trade for it? if it checks out i would offer you a T-70 freshly reconditioned turbo. also have wide assortment of new wheels.

It's either a headache or doorstop unless you are ready to re-sleeve. Too many good used pieces around to deal with
something like this.
Nothing wrong with sleeves BTW, done properly.

Back