You can type here any text you want

Stage II head Question??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DDot690

I have a set of Buick Performance Stage II aluminum heads I purchased from Conley about 7 or so years ago for a motor I was going to build. Well My question is can anyone tell me what they were used for... They are stamped Brodix and Al Weiss Racing on the front of the heads. The look to have raised floors on the runners with some type of material and thermal coated all over the ports are very smooth, Who is Al Weiss Racing? Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC00018.JPE
    DSC00018.JPE
    28.8 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00010.JPE
    DSC00010.JPE
    27.8 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC00013.JPE
    DSC00013.JPE
    28.5 KB · Views: 270
  • DSC00009.JPE
    DSC00009.JPE
    26.9 KB · Views: 292
more pics

more pics, last pic is a Edlebrock intake. I think the intake was matched to the head by some one.

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPE
    DSC00011.JPE
    28 KB · Views: 282
  • DSC00014.JPE
    DSC00014.JPE
    28.5 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC00007.JPE
    DSC00007.JPE
    29.9 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC00009.JPE
    DSC00009.JPE
    26.9 KB · Views: 282
According to google search on "al weiss racing", he is a drag racer. Not using a Buick V6 at this time.
Conrad

That looks like some great work. And from my very limited experience, those combustion chambers appear to be hogged out pretty good, as though they were designed for a turbo application.

Is the roof raised as well or does it appear to be left alone.Some SII heads have smaller ports usually used in Indy car racing.

Roof have not been modified, just some type of synthetic material on the floor that was shaped and porting or shaping of the metal in the bowl area. The ports look smaller but like they would flow really well. Work looks really nice.

I dont know why anyone would go through the trouble to make them Indy style.Usually its the other way around should be fine on the street.

Danny (right?) The ports in the SII heads I've been running on the street for the last 6+ years have epoxy-raised port floors with a matched 4V manifold. They're fantastic. No downsides.

Yep it's Danny, The reason for using the GN1heads is they will work with what I have already. With the Stage II heads I will have to find a set of headers and most everything else needed for the Stage II heads to work..More money. My performance goals can be reached with GN1 Heads with less money being spent on new parts. If I was starting scratch I would use the Stage II heads.:D

Material in the runners.

Most likely is DEVCON ALUMINUM PUTTY # 10610.
I've had good luck using it and typically use a aluminum plate over the putty, secured (aluminum screw/ bolt) and blended like a shoe insert.
Surface prep is critical. Fresh Titanium Oxide (bigger the better) @ 90 psi and a vapor de-greaser to insure a clean interface and a pass through an oven to make sure whatever oil is completely gone.

Back