You can type here any text you want

Stall for a 274" stage2 motor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

49-blues

Will a 3500 911 billet lock up conveter be enough for a stage2 headed 274" stage2 motor with a GTS76 BB turbo for the street?

no way i went from a 70 turbo to a gtq 74 and broke the 200 3 times in a row :confused:

Will a 3500 911 billet lock up conveter be enough for a stage2 headed 274" stage2 motor with a GTS76 BB turbo for the street?

I run an Art Carr 16930 NLU that stalled about 3300 with a stock block. It stalls around 34-3500 with the 274 S2 heads and a BB T-76 Q-trim, and it's plenty of converter. Granted, I run a small cam (222/218 HR), but it shreds tires at will.

When I was running a modified 60-1, it was stoooopid! :D

I plan on going to a 4L80e after awhile so i ll keep the boost low until then, i also have a built 350 trans i could throw in there. it will also have a strange 12 bolt rear.

I plan on going to a 4L80e after awhile so i ll keep the boost low until then, i also have a built 350 trans i could throw in there. it will also have a strange 12 bolt rear.

Does the strange 12 bolt have the upper control arm mounting raised? The Moser housing is and it helps a bunch to plant the tires at launch. One inch is the distance.

That stall should work just fine. I hope that's not at zero boost. That could be wild.

I havent received the 12 bolt yet-its brand new, thanks for the tip-i will definently check on that. i have metcos uppers and lowers and also a upper panhard bar if i need to weld it in plus the H&R rear swaybar.

Back