You can type here any text you want

Starion/Conquest

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Robbie-87plz

Junior Boost-Head
Anyone ever tried this swap? I've heard of 302-350/383-440 swaps but haven't heard of the LC2... :biggrin:

Check back about a year or two in PHR. I believe there was a very sweet tube framed conquest dressed in black, with an LC2 swapped in. Badass car, I think it ran 9s? Its a wonder ive never heard anyone mention it.

seen it in the magazine @ one point, also seen it @ racingjunk.com for sale without the powerplant, the owner was asking $14K as a complete roller.

TPI 350 Cammed, dart heads, accell runners and such all fit faily easy even kept the ac. Car is in westmister md if anyone wants pics i'm sure I can get them. :smile:

One of these days we will get the project done, the number one problem is the steering box issue. It hits the exhaust manifold. We never looked into it too much; once we relocate/fabricate something for the steering issue, everything should be easy. Maybe the cross over pipe will have to wrap around the front instead of the back. I also believe that the Conquest that was featured in the magazine had tubular front suspension which makes things a bit easier.

HTH

Prasad

I'd love to see some pics! I need some ideas before I sell it... Was thinking of an LC2 swap, but I'm not sure I can do it for under $5,000.

I loved these cars when I was in high school they would have been my second choice after a GN to own.

I think a 4.3 V6 twin turbo would be COOL small compact package lots of room and power good on gas would be a perfect fit.

Larry, that sounds like a great idea! I think the LC2 would be a neat swap for the simple fact that when/if something breaks on my stocker, I'll be able to steal it from the hybrid. :eek:
Aren't the LC2's lighter than the 4.3? :confused:
Anyone ever match up the LC2 with a manual trans? :confused:

I was thinking of building something like this for my son so the 4.3 would be a better choice for awhile till he got some driving experince in then I could add the turbos to build some power

Back