Steering pulls hard right,and pulses, maybe gear box?

Drewster

Wish I Had A Clone. AKA Andrew Youlio
Recently car started pulling right and I can feel a pulsing in the steering wheel at slower speeds.
Alignment was just checked and was off but now corrected and still no improvement.
Could the steering box have an internal leak that makes it turn right ? Cause that’s what it feels like.
Steering Fluid is full. Would a failing steering pump feel like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the tires for bulges, one may be coming apart. BTDT, same symptoms.

The other thing is to check if one of the wheels are bent. Less likely, usually feels like a waddle at low speeds (5 - 15 MPH).

RemoveBeforeFlight

Jack up the front end, grab each tire and try to rock them top and bottom. Excessive play can be wheel bearing or loose castle nut which is easy fix.

Good call RBF. Big lump in left front. Rotating them now till I can get another set. The rear tires are much much much smoother! [emoji16]
6b01b20665a4102ddc8369c69dc0d0e7.jpg
d8fc497c7bd17175878b3fec21f91455.jpg

Consider yourself lucky you found that before it blew. I had old Goodyear tires that did the same thing. I don’t think it matters who made the tires it could happen with any old tires. I assume these are old. The ones I had still had all their tread but after sitting for many years this happened to all of them. I thought it was just flat spots until the first one blew. Trust what these guys said and don’t drive on tires like that. If your tires are old I would replace all of them. Maybe yours aren’t old but if they are I would get new ones.

They were old Dunlop GT qualifiers. Don’t know how old. There were on car when I got it. Probably 8+ yrs.
f3047cb04432c9428beffbe7bccf081d.jpg

Just ordered a pair of MT Sportsman S/T and will flog a spare set Nitto Drs while I decide if I like black walls.
Here what it looks like now.