Head gasket

mattcsn

I tore the top end off to take a look at the head gaskets as I was having heavy smoke from passanger breather and loosing coolant slowly.

I figured what the heck I'll take it apart do some cleaning Upgrade some parts and take a look. Well the head gaskets don't look all that bad. In the past when they blew I could clearly see the culprit.

Any one see any clear sign of anything here? Now I'm thinking it was something else! I kinda figured it was hg as it was all the same symptoms of past hg blowing. The one close up is the only deformity I see. Would this be enough to cause major smoking from the breather?

Thanks guys

9f554e79dec7a1caf4b2ed6c6ac4f310.jpg
fc9a356eee9c0ae3d85191fb68f79730.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Are any of the cylinders cleaner than the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stock. It was coming from both sides. I do have a video. Car has been sitting awhile since video so don't remember all symptoms

This was straight from idle. Once warmed up it would our out a lot more

All are equally clean.

You should have pressure tested the system before pulling the heads. It has to be going somewhere. Probably not in the cylinders. Possibly into an exhaust port. Not common unless heads were worked

You should have pressure tested the system before pulling the heads. It has to be going somewhere. Probably not in the cylinders. Possibly into an exhaust port. Not common unless heads were worked

In hindsight I should have but I just figured it was a hg. Heads are stock and never worked.

head-gasket.466319

Top right corner is where I would say is the worst but hard to tell with a pic. A compression check and leak down would have probably been a better first action. Could have just been condensation in the engine burning off.

head-gasket.466319

Top right corner is where I would say is the worst but hard to tell with a pic. A compression check and leak down would have probably been a better first action. Could have just been condensation in the engine burning off.
Definitely not just condensation. It was consistent and would smoke heavier if driven or warm.

I should have done some tests beforehand, but was going to take it apart anyway and just assumed I'd see an obvious blown hg.

Loosing coolant could be a radiator cap that isn't holding pressure any more, a leak in the radiator that is letting out steam while driving or a bad intake gasket that wasn't holding the coolant in. As above the turbo could have a bad seal, the intercooler could be full of oil and sucking it into the combustion process. what color was the smoke?

Loosing coolant could be a radiator cap that isn't holding pressure any more, a leak in the radiator that is letting out steam while driving or a bad intake gasket that wasn't holding the coolant in. As above the turbo could have a bad seal, the intercooler could be full of oil and sucking it into the combustion process. what color was the smoke?
It was more white. Link below to video

Probably around 100k.

No coolant in the oil either.