For guys that are still running stock rims...

fast86gn

Texas Moderator
Staff member
I prefer Cooper tires as they are really the only American based tire company other than Goodyear that manufactures tires in the us
I run 235/60's very close to stock height IIRC like .1 inch taller and .8 " wider

Keep in mind rated size is not the exact size you'll find. Not to mention, the first number is the tire width, not the tread width. And the tire width will vary depending on the exact rim they're mounted on.

Make sure you find out the exact, to the inch, measurements if you're ordering online.

For example my Cooper Cobra 295/50's are the same width as my old BFG TA 275/50's. But the cooper's tread is a LOT wider. (and they sound like basset hounds when the spin in the wet :) )

82556018_173307857386621_1240852808144519168_n.jpg

The 235's behind them look like pizza cutters.

Since those are in cans, they're obviously my backup beers from the bottom crisper.
Budwiser is for white trash and illegal aliens! (kudos to their marketing team for getting both demographics)

...And the cool thing about not having a small dick is I can drink whatever beer I want and survive just fine. I don't have to be an elitist with my drinking. :D

Im with you Earlbrown. I wouldn’t drink Bud if it was free and the only beer available. Id rather drink river water

Im with you Earlbrown. I wouldn’t drink Bud if it was free and the only beer available. Id rather drink river water
Stroh's - Fired Brewed Beer - water right out of the Rouge River, Detroit Michigan. taste a little on the metallic side. :sick:

Cant find a manufacture who has a 225-65R / 15 or wider. Seems the 65R (height) tires only come in the 215 and only a few makers carry those. I like the way the 65R's fill the wheel well on the stock 15" wheel.

Keep in mind rated size is not the exact size you'll find. Not to mention, the first number is the tire width, not the tread width. And the tire width will vary depending on the exact rim they're mounted on.

Make sure you find out the exact, to the inch, measurements if you're ordering online.

For example my Cooper Cobra 295/50's are the same width as my old BFG TA 275/50's. But the cooper's tread is a LOT wider. (and they sound like basset hounds when the spin in the wet :) )

View attachment 349386

The 235's behind them look like pizza cutters.
what size rim you run those 295s on? backspace? any mods to make them fit? thanks!!

I prefer Cooper tires as they are really the only American based tire company other than Goodyear that manufactures tires in the us
I run 235/60's very close to stock height IIRC like .1 inch taller and .8 " wider

That's the size I've been using since the Eagle GTs wore out. The set now are 6 years old and only MFGs I could find were B.F. Goodrich, Cooper and Mastercraft which is made by Cooper. BFG were big bucks so got the MC for around $90. White letters in since, well, y'all know!
Use to like Kelly-Springfield but not available in that size anymore.

That's the size I've been using since the Eagle GTs wore out. The set now are 6 years old and only MFGs I could find were B.F. Goodrich, Cooper and Mastercraft which is made by Cooper. BFG were big bucks so got the MC for around $90. White letters in since, well, y'all know!
Use to like Kelly-Springfield but not available in that size anymore.
I just like the coopers bc of Arnold palmer ...LOL...but seriously only American owned and made ...good year still has head quarters in Akron I believe.... but they have plants around the world ...the Cooper cobra GT's are nice and not to expensive ...but I've said this before ...tires are one of the most under rated and most important aspect of any car ....

When I went to racing school years ago, the instructor asked the three things motorcycles did... acceleration, handling, and braking were the answers.

Then he asked what things could be done to improve each of the three.

The only item common to all three facets were tires.

Moral of the story, if your tires are crap, you motorcycle (car) is crap.

I tried the apple cider vinegar thing ...couldnt stick with it LOL....and yes I know all about the American owned and American made tires ...from research and that is a good link ...thx