Stripped turbo bolt

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Wouldn’t you know it....removing my turbo, I stripped one of the Allen head bolts. I rounded it out. What’s the best way to get it out?

I always use penetrating oil ,
on really bad /rusty stuff especially exhaust components I spray it down multiple times and let soak / repeat ,usually two days of it
I like liquid wrench one , also heat gun for sensitive areas and propane touch when not worried about looks or damaging anything around it

I just had a DP bolt snap on me and had to take it to a machine shop. $20 laters the bolt was out and all threads on that side cleaned

Machine shop x2, cheap fix and you won't have to worry but messing it up more.

If its on the DP and the head is all thats holding it on cut off head remove DP and get a torch and heat the remaining part of fastener red hot and remove it with channel locks.

Can you get the turbo off? If so bring it over and we can weld a nut onto it. Then hit it with the impact gun.

Last edited:
If its on the DP and the head is all thats holding it on cut off head remove DP and get a torch and heat the remaining part of fastener red hot and remove it with channel locks.

Its on the DP side, so I may go this route

Just to give a picture it’s like this at the bottom and connects the turbo to the DP

Attachments

• 37F9FFFC-8BB7-4ADB-B45B-10BE7D2EB6BC.jpeg
    37F9FFFC-8BB7-4ADB-B45B-10BE7D2EB6BC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
  • 10A0AB89-0B2A-4C3A-B8B4-4273EA63174C.jpeg
    10A0AB89-0B2A-4C3A-B8B4-4273EA63174C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Still really need help with this. I am constrained by space due to the downpipe having this damn hump at the bottom. I’m about to blow this damn car up with a grenade....as it had to be the last and most pain in the ass bolt!!! And the DP is being a pain in the ass and won’t come out....it’s like the damn car was built around it.
DB4DE9A8-FF55-4E12-A581-2F04FFEEC6B9.jpeg

Still really need help with this. I am constrained by space due to the downpipe having this damn hump at the bottom. I’m about to blow this damn car up with a grenade....as it had to be the last and most pain in the ass bolt!!! And the DP is being a pain in the ass and won’t come out....it’s like the damn car was built around it. View attachment 332542

This is where I would pull out the grinder and cut that bolt head off

Looks like there's space for a 1/4" angle air die grinder and a 3" cut off wheel.

Hacksaw it off, keep it oiled. You can get one of those small hacksaw blade holders at Ace Hardware for $5 if it's too tight for a regular one.