Suggestions on NC or whereever emissions...

aperrego

Drunk? I'll Check. :)
All,

My combo is in the signature... Providing I pass the visual stimuli of the goober that is doing my inspections, what are the suggestions or things that you all have done to pass the sniff test..

Thanks....

Originally posted by aperrego
All,

My combo is in the signature... Providing I pass the visual stimuli of the goober that is doing my inspections, what are the suggestions or things that you all have done to pass the sniff test..

Thanks....

It really depends on the testing procedure of the particular state. In NC, it looks like there is a visual and tailpipe test only (and OBD2, if applicable). There aren't any other functional test besides tailpipe? Is a dyno used or is the emissions still tested at idle and 2500rpm? If emissions are tested at idle, then the engine must idle in closed loop. I don't see how an open loop chip can get past an idle emissions test. I suspect the items that tighten the emissions standards are air injection, catalytic converter, EGR, computer controls and OBD2. TR are already up to the computer controls (with catlyst) emissions standards and probably one of the most stringent (other than OBD2). For you, if NC incorporates additional functional test (such as EGR), you may encounter additional failures. Also, if your computer is in open loop during the 2500 rpm emissions sample, again IMHO, it very likely will fail emissions for both samples. So as stated above, it really depends on the type of test program used by the individual state. In CA we have an NC type test in some areas and Dynos in others. I have passed each time my vehicle was tested. Most states call their emissions programs maintenance programs, because it will mean your vehicle may get some maintenance attention prior to or after a failed emissions test.

Thanks.. I think the test is at idle and 2500.. No dyno I don't think. I guess we shall see in a month.. I have a Cat and other stuff it is just the sniff part which concerns me..