You can type here any text you want

Suspension Limiting Straps?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So in the midst of the ongoing shock replacement saga: https://turbobuick.com/threads/dumb-of-the-day-front-shock-removal.455639/ I discovered that the 1" lowering springs on the rear axle will fall out at full suspension droop.

Should I be installing some form of limiting strap to prevent the springs from falling out? I have no immediate plans of any Dukes Of Hazard style of driving, but you never know....

Thanks.

id swap the springs for the correct rate and length. you could get wolfe racecraft or trz spring perches welded on and you can use any conventional 2.5" coil over spring in the stock location. they come in many different lengths and rates and give you about 1.5" of adjustability in ride height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

id swap the springs for the correct rate and length. you could get wolfe race craft or try spring perches welded on and you can use any conventional 2.5" coil over spring in the stock location. they come in many different lengths and rates and give you about 1.5" of adjustability in ride height

I think these are Hotchkis 1" drop springs. Least that's what they resemble the most.

What have others done after installing 1" or 2" drop springs? Are they also running a shortened rear shock?

Not ready to look into coil-overs at this time.

Thanks.

You can do what they did for the GNX. Tack weld a short piece of 2-1/4” (?) exhaust pipe to the lower spring perch on the rear axle tube.

You can do what they did for the GNX. Tack weld a short piece of 2-1/4” (?) exhaust pipe to the lower spring perch on the rear axle tube.

Hmmm... Hadn't thought of that. An extended spring I.D. alignment collar?

Clever. Thanks.

9514FE58-61F4-4494-924D-6CD1457AA084.jpeg

Did that on my Currie 9”/GNX rear.

Did that on my Currie 9”/GNX rear.

That's a beautiful piece of equipment right there!

Usually the backside of a 9" axle is smooth & doesn't allow access. I take it the backside was removed & a flange was welded into place?

That's a beautiful piece of equipment right there!

Usually the backside of a 9" axle is smooth & doesn't allow access. I take it the backside was removed & a flange was welded into place?

Currie worked with me on this project. I started with a new bare housing center (no rear cover) and added the flange for the 10 bolt cover. I sent the finished center to Currie, and they assembled the rest of the rear - axle tubes with floater ends, inner bulkheads for the axle seals, etc.

I think these are Hotchkis 1" drop springs. Least that's what they resemble the most.

What have others done after installing 1" or 2" drop springs? Are they also running a shortened rear shock?

Not ready to look into coil-overs at this time.

Thanks.

it's not a full blown coil over conversion. just the coil over type spring. still goes into the stock location
IMG_8684.JPG

i believe this is murphsters car, same set up im talking about

it's not a full blown coil over conversion. just the coil over type spring. still goes into the stock location View attachment 314060

I was thinking of doing this myself to be able to lower the body down over the wheels a little more .

I was thinking of doing this myself to be able to lower the body down over the wheels a little more .
yeah it'd be perfect for you then. plus with such a wide selection of lengths and rates, you can really nail down what's perfect for your car and get the ride height perfect.

it's not a full blown coil over conversion. just the coil over type spring. still goes into the stock location....

That's a pretty cool looking set-up!

What type of anti-swaybar system is that & how does it function?

That's a pretty cool looking set-up!

What type of anti-swaybar system is that & how does it function?

I believe it's a TRZ anti roll bar. could be a wolfe racecraft, both are pretty similar. the downlink on either the left or right hand side can be adjusted to pre load the suspension if necessary to get the car to launch straight. it's a very nice set up for sure, i love it on my car

I believe it's a TRZ anti roll bar. could be a wolfe race craft, both are pretty similar. the downlink on either the left or right hand side can be adjusted to pre load the suspension if necessary to get the car to launch straight. it's a very nice set up for sure, i love it on my car

I'm surprised at how narrow the bar is. I would think a wider bar that positions the end links as close to the axle ends would be more beneficial.

Obviously it is a sound design though.

Thanks.

it's not a full blown coil over conversion. just the coil over type spring. still goes into the stock location View attachment 314060

Does anyone sell a kit like that or are all those pieces sourced from a coil over kit?

Does anyone sell a kit like that or are all those pieces sourced from a coil over kit?

you could get everything you needed from Cal Hartline since he's a dealer for TRZ. All you need are the perches, they get welded into the bottom or top of where the stock spring goes, and the springs. but again, it's not a true coil over kit or conversion. the word coil over is used only to describe the spring type, being a 2.5" conventional one, and the ~1.5" adjustability ride height.

you could get everything you needed from Cal Hartline since he's a dealer for TRZ. All you need are the perches, they get welded into the bottom or top of where the stock spring goes, and the springs. but again, it's not a true coil over kit or conversion. the word coil over is used only to describe the spring type, being a 2.5" conventional one, and the ~1.5" adjustability ride height.

Ok thanks for the info.

Back