You can type here any text you want

Suspension upgrade question?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6-Sauce

Ok my Suspension is all stock. Over the winter I'm going to replace the stock 20 year shocks with Bilstein's and new nos4gn variable springs(rear) and the front springs/end link bushing(front )from nos4gn, Also maybe the front under frame braces from kirbans. For the rear I was thinking about UMI non-adjustable boxed Upper/lower control arms, The ones that look stock and match GM spec holes for the stock sway bar. Any thoughs if this will be I good setup for my GN to hook alittle better traction for street. Besides tires and air bags(I don't like the red bags)/larger sway bars.Its's not a test car.

Last edited:
For your rear control arms/bushings I would check out HRpartsNstuff. They have nice control arms that will fit stock swaybar and you could order the 1/4in longer lowers to help with traction and wont hurt daily driving.

The car I am racing now uses this kit and the HR Anti-roll Bar
Part # 0940 = $289 = Package deal with Performance Series UPPERS + LOWERS (’78-'87 G-Body)
Shocks are KYB or Bilstien…I forget. Drag raced and can change lanes on the freeway without worries.

Any thoughs if this will be I good setup for my GN to hook alittle better traction for street. Besides tires and air bags(I don't like the red bags)/larger sway bars.Its's not a test car.
having a good tire with sidewall on these cars is very important for that traction on the street don't forget the pinion angle.the hr bar is a great product and inmo if your going to buy uppers and lower I prefer the ability to adjust.

For your rear control arms/bushings I would check out HRpartsNstuff. They have nice control arms that will fit stock swaybar and you could order the 1/4in longer lowers to help with traction and wont hurt daily driving.[/QUOTE

Part # 0940 = $289 = Package deal with Performance Series UPPERS + LOWERS (’78-'87 G-Body)
Shocks are KYB or Bilstien…I forget. Drag raced and can change lanes on the freeway without worries.
The H&R's upper/lowers won't change the height on the rear will it..

In the H&r website, I think the price changed for suspension packages uppers/lowers are $479 stock length. Gbodyparts.com Umi upper/lowers are $350.Also on Gbodyparts.com they have a set of Entry series h&r upper's/lowers upgrading from stock for $283(level 1).

Last edited:
The best thing to do is call Paul @ HRpartsNstuff talk to him about what your wanting to do and he may have some Holiday specials going on.

Back