You can type here any text you want

swap into 2nd Gen F body ( 70's TA )

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
81 Turbo Trans Am

Img_0300.jpg

thnx so much. I owe you one. I thought I would never find anyone with such a swap. Much appreciated and Canadian to boot:biggrin:

Looks like a super clean install. Seems right at home in that engine bay. I am a fan of the 2nd Gens as well. Thank you for posting it. Does anyone have any other pictures of such swaps?

I wonder what is costs, I was thinking about doing something like this but never got around to it

I wonder what is costs, I was thinking about doing something like this but never got around to it
Cost is TB drivetrain and a cheap TA. Swap is piece of cake. I take it you have not looked at the guys webpage. I have already got a couple of emails from him. Reference pic below is what I'm trying to put together with the formula hood too, however with red and black paint and side exhaust coming out of the gfx just like the model:biggrin: I have the TB drivetrain and hood. '70's TA's (except 70-73) around my area are dime dozen regardless the kind of $$ these cars are bringing in on ebay which just blows me away.
1970TA.jpg

Picture042.jpg

Fast4Ward that is a very nice looking car you have. what exactly is it? firebird with formula hood & TA fender vents, or a TA with a formula hood? I almost bought the wife a early second gen, was going to do the TR drivetrain swap, but I bought her a C5 instead.

fast4ward-where are you from and what do the decent condition 2nd gen f-bodys go 4 where your at

the car pic in my post is not mine but for reference only as to what I will be putting together. Firebirds and Trans ams are cheap everywhere. Look on craigslist and your local buy and sell.
Depending on year, mint cars here in the Vancouver, Canada area can be found for 2k to 7k. The USA border is 15 mins away so I have a choice to get a car from the US if the deals good.
The only older Pontiac I am into is the 70-73 body style. The cool thing is you can take any 74 to 81 TA and slap a 70-73 nose and rear on and have that cool TA without paying the very high $$ that the 70-73 cars demand.

I had no idea you could change the front and rear ends! Is that a common thing for some T/A owners?

The cool thing is you can take any 74 to 81 TA and slap a 70-73 nose and rear on and have that cool TA without paying the very high $$ that the 70-73 cars demand.
plus the good thing is the newer car has many more amenity's like 4 wheel disc brakes, A/C, pw & so on. I thought about doing that myself.

Back