You can type here any text you want

swap into 66 chevelle ecm help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

papamacksaw

just a littleadvice i have a 87 motor rebuilt with gn harness i am putting into chevelle i bought a painless circuit boss ..now the wiring to get it to run i know the orange lead goes to battery constant now what other wires have to be hooked up to the circuit boss constant and ignition on i have everything plugged in all the sensors etc any help thanks ken

There are some real good wiring diagrams for the ECM over at gnttype.org. I printed them off and used that when I did the swap into an '87 Iroc a few years back. Good idea on the painless wiring boss, used that for the Tuned port I just did in my el camino.

pics

Post some pics of the chevelle? I would like to see them some time. Also what wiring harness did you go with for the main harness for the chevelle. I'm got the caspers harness for my engine. I've got to get a full harness for the car itself, since i'm doing a ground up on the car.

chevelle

hi ihave..complete factory harness uncut from 87 gn i have it nearly wired with the help of dave english off this site there is a lot of wiring mods to do what a task i will put up pictures at some point engine still on crane want to do all motor work while its out of the car easier to get at everything do you think we are hurting the value of these ss cars what do you think ken papamacksaw@comcast.net

chevelle

I dont plan on selling mine anyways. I just got my power steering line made the other day,did not cost that much(20.00bucks). Does your car come with any options(p/s, p/b, air). Are trying to stay mostly stock stuff?

hi ihave..complete factory harness uncut from 87 gn i have it nearly wired with the help of dave english off this site there is a lot of wiring mods to do what a task i will put up pictures at some point engine still on crane want to do all motor work while its out of the car easier to get at everything do you think we are hurting the value of these ss cars what do you think ken papamacksaw@comcast.net

I'd love to see the pics and some details! Getting ready to work my harness too.

Back