swap to bucket seats

michael evans

My 1987 T Type has the 60/40 Maroon bench seat and want to change to the Maroon bucket seats.

What parts are needed to change over to the correct bucket seat setup ?

My 1987 T Type has the 60/40 Maroon bench seat and want to change to the Maroon bucket seats.

What parts are needed to change over to the correct bucket seat setup ?
Of course console and column. You would need the floor brackets out of a bucket car, they are spot welded in. There's probably reproduction or you can contact someone like Gbodyparts and see if he could send you some.
How's your bench seat? I may be interested in it depending on condition.

Gbody parts has the mounts. I once ordered them for a t-top car that I replaced the floor. You don't need a steering column and console unless you want the floor shift.

I figured since he mentioned "correct", he's trying to do a clean conversion. No console between some buckets would look hideous. JMHO

I have the correct color buckets without the tracks. The driver's side is nice, but worn.

I have had the bench seat out as I have converted over to FAST and the carpet looks like new under it.

I was wondering if a set of tracks were available or if the bench tracks were the same ?

I have seen older cars from the factory with bucket seats and column shift (they are different looking though)

What I have is nice and the buckets are nice (although the driver's could use a recover).

Good point on the console. I envisioned a "shorty" console and retaining the column shift like this console
malibu11.jpg

IMG_5221.JPG
That looks like an mcss/el Camino console with the front portion removed. It is just riveted on as far as I can remember last time I had one off.

Last edited: