Sway bar options for Quick Performance 9” rear end

TheYak

Hey guys, needs some help... upgraded to a Quick Performance 9” and the ATR style sway war won’t fit. Might have been a close fit if I didn’t have the drain plug/jack pad. What sway bar would you recommend as an alternative? Street car so I’m not wanting to go with any type of anti-rollover setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• DD7399B9-2C2C-47AB-B519-32F37C1808DD.jpeg
    DD7399B9-2C2C-47AB-B519-32F37C1808DD.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
you can drop the bar and make it work ..redrill the forward hole to the top or drop the rear hole or use plates to drop it
or get the hrpartsnstuff HD rear sway bar with clamp mounts for the 9"(the tubes are larger than the 8.5 so you need a different clamp setup
what i did with mine when i went from an 8.5 rear to the quick rear with the hr sway bar was I got perches from hrparts and welded them on
if you decide to go with a back brace then you could modify (cut down) the perches on the rear side and weld a nut in before welding it up to the rear

Last edited:
I had the same problem with my Quick Performance 9" with jack plate / drain plug . I have an HR bar and had to get the mounts for the 3" axle tubes , stock rear was 2.75" , and also had to space it down 1/2" to clear the jack pad . Just get longer grade 8 bolts to allow for the added thickness of the spacer . The HR mount is a nice piece .
DSCN0624.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

I had the same problem with my Quick Performance 9" with jack plate / drain plug . I have an HR bar and had to get the mounts for the 3" axle tubes , stock rear was 2.75" , and also had to space it down 1/2" to clear the jack pad . Just get longer grade 8 bolts to allow for the added thickness of the spacer . The HR mount is a nice piece .

Sam, You sure have a nice TR!

Doubt I'll ever grow tired of seeing pics of it.

Thanks . I plan on being at RC's , Brian Lorenz open house , the MAGNA event at Cecil county , & Bowling Green this year . Maybe I'll see you at one of them .

Thanks . I plan on being at RC's , Brian Lorenz open house , the MAGNA event at Cecil county , & Bowling Green this year . Maybe I'll see you at one of them .

I don't think so. I'm West of the Rockies & don't travel much.

View attachment 319555

View attachment 319554
Thank you very much for the reply, especially the pictures. Looks nice! Is the HR piece a sway bar or anti-roll bar? It’s my understanding that the latter wouldn’t be good for the street. I realize that you could run whatever on the street technically but I don’t a car to push into the corners, hopefully I’m making sense. - Mike

Is the HR piece a sway bar or anti-roll bar? It’s my understanding that the latter wouldn’t be good for the street.
HRpartsNstuff calls them " Anti-Roll / Swaybar " in their catalog . Call Paul Ferry at HRpartsNstuff and he can answer your questions , or maybe PM him here , he's a member of this forum . Forum name is HRpartsNstuff .

HRpartsNstuff calls them " Anti-Roll / Swaybar " in their catalog . Call Paul Ferry at HRpartsNstuff and he can answer your questions , or maybe PM him here , he's a member of this forum . Forum name is HRpartsNstuff .
Will do, thanks!