TA 6466

Detomaso71

going E 85 on an entirely stock 87 GN
After install 450 liter racetronix e85 FP and 80s with TT chip for e85

Already have a new TA6466 in box
I have plans to mod engine tranny down road (I have coverts engine and tranny extra from a race car that all needs freshened up)

Will it spool ok and not to bad lag on 20-24 lbs and e85 on the stocker?

Sir,
Can't say on a Buick 231 but I do have on a 9.1 265 CI Syclone motor with 3000 stall. Turbo is a little different (S cover 63). Spools fast but you will have to do something about boost management.

I would say the turbo will be an absolute pig if you're converter is stock. My old TA 61 was laggy on the street with a restalled D5.

I thought e85 created more exhaust gases and helped a bit and can give high timing first gear?
I have the RJC controller and DP

I had a 6765 on my other one and it had one restall maybe 2800 -3k and was good on street but not so much at track unless can in to tree gas and brakes both
It was DBB option though
That converter trapped 141.5 mph and is an Edge converter from Lonnie

Think I would have to put that in?

I have no experience with E85, but I would think you would need a minimum of 3200 stall to be able to spool that turbo with a stock long block. Maybe somebody here with more knowledge of E85 could chime in.

If it is a DBB should be fine. If it is a JB then probably spool like a slug.

Get 9.5 non lock 3200 stall .. Watch your duty cycle on e85 with that turbo. Might want to get 120lb to be safe if your gona push it on e85...

If possible, could you please take a picture of this turbo? I would like to see how stock appearing it is.

image.jpeg

What is this silicon stuff right by turbine blade?
Won't that eventually get into the blades and cause havoc?
image.jpeg

It's probably a TA 6266... Not 6466

Silicone for the ones you love. Get that stuff out of there...